PDA

View Full Version : GTE four branch manifold vs standard

Matt Nova
21-05-05, 07:03 PM
Is this alot of benefits to fitting a 4 branch to a GTE i'm sure I heard somewhere that the original one was good enough as standard or is this rubbish

R1CH
21-05-05, 07:14 PM
I fitted a 4 branch Magnex manifold & system on my old GSI, seemed to be a lot more responsive, loads better than the standard cast manifold & downppipe.
Go for it !!

Rich

johnny27
21-05-05, 08:08 PM
I fitted a 4-1 on my 1.2 twin 40 nova, it made alot of difference, it lets the car rev much higher and quicker response. Before the 4-1 went on, i was using a GTE 4-2-1 standard manifold and twin downpipes. It also helps the car sound alot better. Way better power than standard, and that was only on a 1.2 lol. Seriously though, when u think about it, the standard manifold on carry the gases about half a foot before it meets the downpipes, whereas the 4 branch dose'nt branch off into one until its halfway behind the engine (in line with the engine but lower) so yeah they are a good improvment to any nova 1.2 - 1.6. I heard that with twin 40s they make even more difference that a standard injection or single carb, so that could be something to do with it on my behalf.