PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Head Unit

Budgie
21-05-05, 04:02 PM
Orite, everytime I turned my ignition off on my car, my CD player would reset itself, the bass, treble etc would go back to standard settings. A few of my mates had this problem and they sed to make the Head Unit constant live by wiring the red wire to the yellow wire on the back of the player... I done this as it worked in their cars but with mine the CD player started smoking and sparking lol I decided to put the wires back as they were, but after i have done this my CD player does not produce sound???? I paid ?250 for my CD player and was wondering if any1 can fix it, or knows where i can get it done for a resonable price??

If not any1 selling a good CD Player?? Im after something quite good that looks nice and plays MP3, preverably with a colour screen!

Any info would be wicked, thanks!

srs1
21-05-05, 04:04 PM
that was a waste of a head unit.

no way you could take it back and say it does nothing when you wired it up?

Budgie
21-05-05, 04:15 PM
No, i havent got the reciept for it + ive had it a while. I took it apart today and i couldnt see any signs of burnt chips etc. so i dont know whats wrong!

boredbloke
21-05-05, 05:36 PM
JVC do one for 129,

comes with remote changedable fascias and backlight, sub control etc

works really good!

its advertised with flames on the front but u can take em off and have anything u like

mikey14sr
21-05-05, 08:21 PM
make sure the wiring is absolutely right before you put another unit in though!

19-NoZ-19
23-05-05, 02:04 AM
i might have a kenwood kdc 7024 head unit for sale if your interested comes with remote control, pm me mate.

rick

alxlaw
23-05-05, 05:13 PM
mine stopped makin sound a while ago, me n ma mates kicked it around the car park, works fine now!?!?!?!?!?!, i dont recomend it tho!! :lol:

epo
23-05-05, 08:06 PM
take it too a ice dealer and get a quote from them it'll be cheaper than a new one

Nick
29-05-05, 07:20 PM
yep as epo said, get it fixed if it's a decent unit.

you wont beable to see it's burnt

the internals of the chips are microscopicly small units of silicon. a fried chip often looks exactly the same as a new chip. unless it's had some serious abuse !

it sounds like you've put 24v into either the ignition or perm live input - which wasn't too clever