PDA

View Full Version : Anyone off to Run To The Sun?

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 02:32 PM
Well me and a group of my friends went last year and ended up being a really relaxing chilled weekend, apart from a few of the cruise crew starting to turn up.

Last year we went down in a mk1 16v we built the week before, which turned out to be a great car. This year i have hired a VW Camper van with full awning, pick it up Thursday night and start the drive down then with a top speed of 55mph! :twisted: Must be mad.

So anyone going? I really do recommend making the effort if you are into your vw's, though its not really about the cars as it stands more for a way of life. Chilled thats what i will be, a complete contrast from the ring last weekend 8)

Karl

kevw
20-05-05, 02:56 PM
Sounds good, where is it?

How much is it costing to hire the camper van?? You gotta get pics!!

Kev.

J4MES
20-05-05, 03:00 PM
where abouts is this????

Stuart
20-05-05, 03:06 PM
in newquay (grrrrrrrr) lol

used to live down there and hated RTTS as it totally fecked up getting anywhere during that weekend.

i guess id appreciate some of it now, but its still essentially a crusie lol

MARTIN KELSON
20-05-05, 03:13 PM
You get about abit dont ya.
My mrs wouls have my balls on a stick going off every weekend!!
Run to the sun was always one thing i fancied cos Newquay is a top place for a weekend.
Going to Jap Fest at Castle Combe tomorow with mate in Integra Type R for a bit of track action.
Might pass you on motorway if your going early tomorrow morning!!

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 03:15 PM
Kev, its costing ?350 for the full weekend for the van and awning and that comes with insurance and full recovery (which we will probably need lol)

As Stuart said it is essentially a cruise as most of the weekend is spent either in a traffic jam of modded cars trying to get into newquay, or sitting in a bar watching modded vw's go by. Its meant to be a relaxing time, but last year i got the feeling alot of Car park cruise boys where there going a little mad in ther cars. Each to ther own though, aslong as they dont spoil a good thing.

I will get photos mate aslong as i find my way out of the bar that is :wink:

Breeny
20-05-05, 03:21 PM
Something I've wanted to go to but never got round to! I'm in Oxford this weekend sadly :(

Have a good time fella :)

Stuart
20-05-05, 03:54 PM
it dosent have to be this weekend lol, you can go anytime of the year now and there is always some form of "silly boy racer" cruise going on lol.

watergate bay is a top beach to go and chill on, its a proper big ole beach and most of the tourists dont go there as its not "in" newquay :D

elsey197
20-05-05, 04:02 PM
Its next weekend isn't it? i went last yr with a load of mates and camped out for 3 nights was a right laugh, although going home on the monday wasn't as the whole place was gridlocked and took me 10hrs to get home!

J4MES
20-05-05, 05:08 PM
newquay is class went last summer...but never heard of this :? :? :? , next year maybe... 8) 8)

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 06:16 PM
Hi Martin, why do you think i go away every weekend?? Because i dont have anyone telling me i cant 8) Living the dream matey, plenty of time to settle down. I personally am trying to get everything out of my system so when i do settle down i can relax knowing ive done everything i wanted. My dads well jelous lol.

You might see me at castle combe tomorrow mate, depends how i feel in the morning as ive got a cold :cry: Will give you a bell if i am, can you pm me your number mate.

Its next weekend Breeny, i would of said you could jump in with me but ive got a van full as it is mate.

As stuart said, its just as good any weekend of the year if not better then rtts. Its a little too busy, i went twice last year and prefered the second time when it was quite.

Elsey, know what you mean mate it took us 12 hours to get home last year! God knows how long its going to take me in a camper :lol: Think i will either stay an extra day or leave early hours of monday. You going this year mate?

Karl

Adam
20-05-05, 06:23 PM
newquay is class went last summer...but never heard of this :? :? :? , next year maybe... 8) 8)
I did as well mate.
Tis a class place.

Thing they were advetising this when i was there, can't remember tho

scott.parker
20-05-05, 06:39 PM
Karl as you know mate im "inteding" to go down to it,but im not sure the car will make it both runs down and up(only due to my silly right foot)

But as it stand i know about six mates of mine are going,one has a campper hes doing up and the other has twin carb buggy that dose 0-80 in 8secs :D but thats his top end :lol:

Think my mate mike is on about coming down as well in his finished 1.6 8v turbo convertion,neils old stuff :wink:

Scott

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 07:13 PM
Maybe catch you there then Scott, i will be the drunk bloke asleep on the beach :wink:

scott.parker
20-05-05, 07:25 PM
Maybe catch you there then Scott, i will be the drunk bloke asleep on the beach :wink:

lol along with the rest :lol:

Scott

Jack
21-05-05, 12:10 PM
Newquay sucks now, its always too busy :(

And RTTS is expensive :o :(

Fistral Bay round the corner, Crantock and Holywell Bay are all good for surfing tho 8)

cornish
21-05-05, 12:47 PM
I will be there as it's only 10 minutes up the road from me!

Not in the Nova i'm afraid as i still haven't finished respray; nearly there though!

I shall be in a mates Gold 106 GTi :)

dhdev (Oli)
24-05-05, 07:59 AM
i should be there Karl, my mate (colin from the 'ring) is driving down in his 200sx cos his golf's still not finished, plus my Brother lives in Newquay! :D

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 11:55 AM
Hi Oli

Nice one mate, where abouts are you staying? You guys fancy meeting up for a few beers while you are down there?

Bring it on.

Karl

dhdev (Oli)
24-05-05, 12:48 PM
meet up for beer? f*ck yeah!!! not sure where we're staying or when we're goin! as soon as i know i'll let u know!

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 03:03 PM
:lol:

I am going down in the early hours of friday morning to beat the traffic, should get there by friday night seeing as we have a top speed of 55mph :twisted:

We are staying at the main show site (Travalogue) Think its cost ?60 each for the weekend to camp plus all the entertainment.

Give me a call any time mate would be good to all meet up again.

Karl