PDA

View Full Version : Brett W's dash

Breeny
20-05-05, 10:11 AM
Anyone got any pictures of his flocked dash?

Cheers Big Ears :wink:

fearless
20-05-05, 12:51 PM
I've got some on my computer at home - so expect some pictures tonight !

Adam Moran
20-05-05, 06:10 PM
Hum.......... flocked dash.... Will be doing mine soon

pics would be good ;-)

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 06:20 PM
Breeny, going to be getting mine done soon by the company that does all of fords/subaru's rally cars. I can ask them if they would do a discount for 2?

I can pick your dash up aswell if you want as i am Milton Keynes once a week. Just an idea if you are thinking of getting it done.

Karl

krobinson
20-05-05, 06:55 PM
Breeny, going to be getting mine done soon by the company that does all of fords/subaru's rally cars. I can ask them if they would do a discount for 2?

I can pick your dash up aswell if you want as i am Milton Keynes once a week. Just an idea if you are thinking of getting it done.

Karl

Put me down for one mate, maybe 3 dash discount?

PM me the price. Cheers.

Will go nicely with the full cage i'm going to order.

Keith

dan16v
20-05-05, 06:57 PM
how much are they karl? i may be up for one also :D

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 07:11 PM
It was going to be around ?100 for just the dash to be done i think, i will have to contact them to see if they will do a group discount though i cant see why not.

Put your name down then if you are intrested so i can get a price.

Like i say not sure but aim for near ?100 and from what ive seen you will get a top job. Oh they do all jaguars parts aswell, if its good enough for them its good enough for a nova

fearless
20-05-05, 07:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/VxNova002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/2.jpg

I've got a couple of other pictures somewhere - but I'll have to scan them in if needed

Karl - The place that Flocked Bretts dash were called Qualplast (near you I think !) - is that the place you were thinking of - They apparently do the works Focus dashes and other works teams !!

It took me quite a few phone calls (Eventually a contact at M-Sport) to eventually find the actual company - most people want to make a few quid on it by saying they can get it done !!! :(

Dave

karl Rowntree
20-05-05, 07:19 PM
Hi Dave

Thats the company mate, i know them from when i used to work for the race team. They are only about 10 minutes from my front door. They dont normally deal with joe blogs, but are quite happy to the odd dash in with another batch.

So there you go, you can see the quality you will get. I will nip down tomorrow morning and see if they are open and get an idea of price.

If you dont mind me asking Dave what did they charge you as a one off?

Karl

fearless
20-05-05, 07:34 PM
Karl - PM sent :D

boredbloke
20-05-05, 09:55 PM
thas the nova in the haynes max power nova book!!!

i recognise the floor!

Dod
20-05-05, 09:57 PM
Nice work lads.I've seen a local Nova done like that, not as tidy though. Anyone done it themselves? I badly want one but is it awkward?

Stuart
21-05-05, 06:17 PM
umm dare i ask what the point of having your dash flocked is?

ok the rally cars need to bin the reflection for night time use, but a nova dosent really have a massive reflection in the screen.

Or is it just something to bung on the spec list lol

Dod
21-05-05, 07:47 PM
For me, its just to be different mate, and with all the rain we get, any sort of light causes a huge glare, its one less thing to blind you while you're driving. Anyway, it looks better than the sh!t grey dash, or the DIY painted ones as well.

Also, if Keiths gonna get his done, i can leave mine up as well, split the Postage Costs Keith?

karl Rowntree
21-05-05, 08:37 PM
Because ive spent so many years polishing my dash, it has now become near impossible to see out of the windscreen because of the glare. The only thing i can think of is to get the dash flocked.

Oh and it looks pretty.

scott.parker
21-05-05, 08:40 PM
Huum i would do as it looks nice but im so lazy it would just bee a huge dash of dust :lol:

Scott

Dod
22-05-05, 12:51 AM
Pretty?? Makes it sound Girly!! :|

ANDYRACER
22-05-05, 01:21 AM
Personally i dont like it. I perfer the black gsi dashes even though a grey dash doesnt bother me at all. The only reason i would take my dash out for a black one is if it was a mk1 dash.

-=VanMan=-
22-05-05, 01:59 AM
I realy want to get mine done too but there's no way my dash will come out

well... not in one piece anyway

Chris_W
22-05-05, 05:14 PM
I'll be interested to see what the price, quality and turn around is like. I'm currently getting my mates RX7 interior flocked, but there is a hell of alot more to that than a nova dash, plus we're getting the doorcards done aswell. The place we're using do prodrives stuff so should be interesting, price is alot more than what you've been quoted though, and they've said it'll probably be a couple of weeks :?

Chris

fearless
22-05-05, 05:19 PM
Whats the name of the place your using ??

The place I used returned it to me before I new it ! - approx 2 weeks !!!

Chris_W
23-05-05, 02:28 AM
The place we're using is Thomas & Vines, seem to know their stuff, will get some pics when it's all done so you can see what you think. Spoke to my mate today and they phoned him to say they've already done the first few bits, and he only dropped it in on Tuesday or Wednesday, so maybe the turn around will be faster than expected, I hope so, but then it means we've got to re-fit the damn thing, and I've got to make a new loom up for all the autometer gauges, oh the joy! :roll:

http://www.flocking.co.uk/default.asp

Chris

MARTIN KELSON
23-05-05, 08:42 AM
I had mine done complete dash, glove box, console etc at Qualplast had it back in approx a week and they like to deal in cash which is a bonus, no damn vat to pay to tax man!
They had a mountain of boxes there when i went from Prodrive for the WRC cars so as you say good enough for them, definetly good enough for a Nova!

karl Rowntree
23-05-05, 06:12 PM
Pretty?? Makes it sound Girly!!

I was taking the Mickey :roll:

krobinson
23-05-05, 06:44 PM
You have my number Karl, give me a shout before you get it done, and i'll post mine over.

Cheers

Keith

Nick
23-05-05, 07:08 PM
Martin, how much approximatly was it for the whole dash to be flocked ?

personally i think it looks very neat and tidy.

karl Rowntree
23-05-05, 07:39 PM
Will do Keith, maybe bring it over with you when you come over for one of the shows? Will save you the money in postage?

Jim
23-05-05, 07:50 PM
I may be interested in getting mine flocked.

Karl, you have a pm.

Jim

peester
23-05-05, 09:16 PM
u pimp daddys you...

Dod
23-05-05, 09:52 PM
Ok, i reckon i'll try and flock the dash myself. Wish me luck lads! :roll:

krobinson
23-05-05, 09:56 PM
Ok, i reckon i'll try and f u c k the dash myself. Wish me luck lads! :roll:

Remember the lube!

Keith

karl Rowntree
23-05-05, 10:05 PM
Behave Keith we are on about dash flocking!

Dod
23-05-05, 10:07 PM
Ah boys, she aint that much older than me!!

Mike.
23-05-05, 10:08 PM
i think it looks quite good, i've always wondered on how the dash got flocked, i think it would only look good on a GSI dash though

Dod
23-05-05, 10:10 PM
But if its flocked, you wont see the dash colour under it.

Mike.
23-05-05, 10:13 PM
yeah but i've seen some were the removable parts of the dash have been flocked i.e around the clocks and the heater vents

Dod
23-05-05, 10:16 PM
I'm gonna leave the bits that are already Black alone, See how it turns out, if it looks bad then i'll do the rest.