PDA

View Full Version : What do you all reckon, cheap or cheerful?

Dod
19-05-05, 10:31 PM
I bought a flush blanking panel for my Nova boot lid, fit this or get it welded over?

Also, i'm getting Alu door cards made for the car, front, rear and boot lid. Should i cover them with Carbon fibre film or leave them?

I've started building a house in the last 2 weeks so the budget's kinda tight.... Thanks guys.

5_door owner
20-05-05, 01:29 AM
i'd say if the flush panel fit's perfect, and looks totally straight then use that (only if you have a wrap around gte/sr spoiler so you dont see the join)

for the door cards i'd leave them alu, altho when i went to a fabricators, he said if you get finger prints on them there a complete bastid to get it lookin good again, and he suggested using brushed alu therefore if u get prints just rub over with a bit of wet+dry

and as for the house.....we want w.i.p pics :D

J4MES
20-05-05, 02:46 AM
if the blanking sheet looks ok. go for it.....also aluminium cards will look good on there own...leave the sticky carbon fibre cr*p off....

General Baxter
20-05-05, 07:20 AM
this is how you fit the plate ;)

it fits perfect up the side of the boot, just flush the hole :)

http://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3102
http://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3103

Dod
20-05-05, 09:53 PM
The flush blank only goes up as far as the first line in the boot, or to the top of the bit that is between the rear lights. Its good in that it sits over the edges and curves back in so it uses up space between the boot and the lights but getting it filled to the lines on the boot could be tricky.
the alu gear might glare somethig terrible in the sun though, kinda defeats the purpose of the Flocked dash i'm planning though. Kinda going for a black theme inside too. But we all think no do we?
As for the house, i'm getting more and more grey hair every day!! :x

ade
20-05-05, 11:28 PM
lol - the amount of people I know who've just stuck it on over their existing boot leaving a fat ridge which they cant feather in

:lol:

No one ever thought to cut the old panel out!

:roll:

Dod
21-05-05, 12:11 PM
Thats actually a very good point!! :lol: