PDA

View Full Version : Car stolen

andyhayes77
19-05-05, 10:16 AM
Had my nova stolen last weekend ba***rds nicked all my I.C.E Ive got the car back but the engines Fukd. So went to a local scrap yard and got a nova expression 1.2 engine only 18k at a bargain ?70 the engine looks brand new no milkshake mixture in it just nice golden shinny oil like it should be.

Bought this off ebay to put me on till the novas fixed a bargain at ?104 with loads of MOT great 2.0L injection engine. I never liked PUG's till I got this.

http://i16.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/10/7f/8f_1_b.JPG
http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/0f/a5/71_1_b.JPG
http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/0f/a3/49_1_b.JPG

Aragorn
19-05-05, 10:34 AM
if u can afford to insure a 2.0 405 then surely u can afford to insure a 1.4 or 1.6 nova?

and while youve got the engine out u may as well upgrade?

as for the theft at least u got the car back, most get totalled or burned out

u need an alarm, simple as that, i'd never put ??? of ice in me car without a decent alarm at least

i had a stereo nicked, was just a sony thing i'd got for free off a mate, i wasnt that bothered about it thinking "aye well its free so it doesnt matter"

what i wasnt thinking about was the fact they smashed window to get in and then i needed to buy a new head unit, so my "aye its free" cost me ?140

andyhayes77
19-05-05, 10:52 AM
if u can afford to insure a 2.0 405 then surely u can afford to insure a 1.4 or 1.6 nova?

I aint bothered about power on the nova cause its my weekend toy I use it for delivering takeaways so the smaller the engine the better saves on fuel costs I did want a 2.0L 16v engine putting in it cause a friend of mine wrote his Mk5 Astra off (free engine, shockers, brakes etc)but I got told by Chris16v off ere that it would be more trouble than its worth engine mounts are different and id have to re-weld the engine bay. All seems too much work. For cruising round the streets its nippy enough and I gotta admit Novas are so much fun at throwing round corners LOVE IT. Its my first nova so im new to modding but every mistake is a lesson learned ill move up one day but for now the 1.2 is fine. If you have seen the profile of my car you would agree buying a GTE or smthing would be better than converting the one ive got.

As for insurance Norwich Union are cheap as F**K its only ?46 per year more than the nova im sure they have made a mistake but i aint complaining.

epo
19-05-05, 06:16 PM
am not been funny but i cant believe you had all that stereo in the nova and no alarm

Kruger
19-05-05, 06:38 PM
Epo, no offence meant, but - you sound like you were amazed at how easy it was for you to get in there and away with the swag in less than 60 seconds :lol:

Dont know how many people here could truthfully say that on their first modded car, an alarm was top of the priority list, I know for me it wasn't, Remember being short of cash when I was 17 and trying to run a car, priorities seem to be insurance, tax, petrol, stereo, tyres, fines would be somewhere in there too- just when your getting yourself straight!

epo
19-05-05, 06:50 PM
lol none taken
i must be odd as on my festa first car i had an alarm me and me old man fitted
ok it wasnt anything special
but it made a noise
its just another thing to act as a deterent more than anything
and at least if its parked on the drive and it goes off ok knowone else really cares if they hear a car alarm but at least you hear it yourself

Mike.
19-05-05, 06:55 PM
at least you got the car back

andyhayes77
20-05-05, 09:31 AM
TOAD cat 1 alarm 1st priority when cars back on the road!!!

Just bought a new sony headunit its loud and clear as fuk

got a built in sub controller so i dont av to run to the boot all the time to turn sub up n down ?139 well worth buying for any1 who needs a new headunit ill post model later!!!

jame5
20-05-05, 04:01 PM
hey sorry to gear about ur car being stolen but least u got it back as for ur ICE can u not claim it off ur insurance or is it not worth it.

James

bigwull
20-05-05, 06:28 PM
i bought a snap off steering boss and new wheel and i have a kenwood face off unit that has a red flashing light on it when face is off

was about ?140-150 for wheel and boss kit
no one has even attempted to steal it or break in and its parked out on the street in a dodgy area with crap street lights

best security i've ever bought
even had a little chav/ned come up and ask what happened to my steer wheel was. had great pleasure in telling him it was in the house

shy witness
20-05-05, 07:13 PM
not nice getting one stole at all;

id my well modded nova saloon stole about 5 years ago-[never 2 be seen again]

worst about it is, i only had it on the road about a month and a half and have absolutely no photos of it when finished as my camera woz broke at the time so i woz disgusted-

of course the 1st thing i bought 4 my next car[cavalier] woz 1 of them massive big disclocks and ive had no bother since.

they're a great detterent-- and no ones even came near the nova i have at the minute which is surprising arround this part of the country