PDA

View Full Version : would be nice to get!!!!

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 08:45 PM
ok without sounding funny...ive just been in muppet corner and looking at the "turd polishing" post. and started wondering, can you buy a complete window for the front doors, without the need for the little side bar bit, by the mirror? you all know what im on about!

read the article and youll understand.

burgo
18-05-05, 08:51 PM
most if not all perspex window kits come with a complete front window. as for a glass one ive heard of people doing conversions using metro glass i think, and corsa rubbers

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 08:58 PM
great what do you recon will be the most cost effective? as have recently found how to use ebay, so am lacking money!

how easy is the conversion?

epo
18-05-05, 09:15 PM
i heard about the metro conversion iirc its a twat of a job

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 09:31 PM
so how much is the perspex then?

ade
18-05-05, 09:53 PM
dont think perspex windows are road legal.

ie you wont pass your mot.

Metero conversion is a real bugger to pull off properly.

burgo
18-05-05, 10:20 PM
dont think perspex windows are road legal.

ie you wont pass your mot.

Metero conversion is a real bugger to pull off properly.i beleave perspex is although you have to have a glass front screen

Nick
18-05-05, 10:28 PM
does that bar hold any structure in the doors ? or is there no metalwork behind it ?

Cheapest way is to probably get a custom set of glass made, not as expensive as you think. We regularly have to get custom Tripple glazed glass for clients with funny windows on their house's, and it's not really expensive. I can't see why a custom door glass would be any different.

Then you've got the problem of the Window winding mechanism, as currently only the main payne goes down, you'd have to make room for the front 1/4

TBH, don't bother doing it.

Although, don't 5 doors have no bar ?

boredbloke
18-05-05, 10:38 PM
yeah but the doors are smaller! i,m sure there is a model of nova wiv out the bars thou

burgo
18-05-05, 10:44 PM
yeah but the doors are smaller! i,m sure there is a model of nova wiv out the bars thouim afraid you rong all three doors have them and they dont offer any structural support really

novaexplod
19-05-05, 04:50 PM
that bars handy if u get locked out yer car cos u can get away with smashin that small front quarter :lol:

Mike.
19-05-05, 08:08 PM
the bar is held on with two bolts and two screws at the top, the bar is just basically a guide so the window goes up and down