PDA

View Full Version : roof thingy!

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 08:28 PM
ive managed to rip the roof material in my car. it was all perfect, sprayed black! it looked crisp!!!!! but ive managed to tear the f**king stuff, so have a nice little whole in it! how do i get rid of it?

am i guna need to get a whole new load of material for my roof.

p.s. my nova aint a convertable (obviously) its the material on the inside that ive ripped!

p.p.s. help!!!!!

p.p.p.s. please

burgo
18-05-05, 08:48 PM
yeah you'll need a new "roof lining" mate

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 08:52 PM
thats the one roof lining!

how do i fit it? is it a sewing job? or lots of glue?

Please be the glue (fingers crossed)

J4MES
18-05-05, 08:54 PM
how did you rip that...lol :wink: :wink: :wink:

just get it out...excess weight!!!! :lol: :lol:

burgo
18-05-05, 08:55 PM
you have to take the rear quarter windows out and the wind screen plus the door rubbers and boot rubber, and if you got a sunroof that aswell i think. then its stuck around the edges and has got metal rods to hold it up. good luck with it :wink:

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 08:56 PM
excess weight? you lost me there mate!!!

i was moving a bench (work out bench not a park bench) and it must have riped the lining.

yeah i know im a tit! but hey im the only student on campus with a gym for a room!

J4MES
18-05-05, 08:58 PM
nah i meant excess weight in the car...lol :lol: :lol: :lol: ...not you!!!! just strip it all out....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 09:00 PM
you still lost me! have i missed something really simple?

how would excess weight rip my roof lining? the material bit inside the car.
the bit you see when you look up while inside the car.

J4MES
18-05-05, 09:08 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: the roof lining is the excess weight..lol...strip it out....less weight=lighter car=faster acceleration... :lol: :lol: :lol:

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 09:30 PM
o ok i get ya.

i thought you meant the excess weight ripped the roof lining. i wasnt seeing how that would work!

nah if i wanted to go fast i would but an american hotrod, like a ford 1932 roadster 6.6ltr V8.

l like to enjoy my car and look up at a nice untorn roof!

J4MES
18-05-05, 09:35 PM
yeah i knew what i meant...i think.... :oops: :oops: :oops: lol

street rods are sweet..definately want one some time in the future...

flowlikewater
18-05-05, 09:51 PM
check out www.radrides.com

look at the quadraduce!!!! that is the 1932 roadster!!!

its sick! faster than a ferrari enzo!!!!!!!!!! by quite abit...well sort of quite abit...if you stretch it out alot it is abit!

2.93 sec 0-60
3.30 sec 0-60

you work it out!

ade
18-05-05, 09:52 PM
lol...

If it is a small rip and the roofs black, you might get away with glueing a bit of material on the badck and smoothing it badck over. As its black, you probably wont notice it.

But it is a faff getting the lining out - especially as all the windows need removing and the windscreen (which will probably crack!)

:(

J4MES
18-05-05, 10:01 PM
http://www.radrides.com/photogallery.php?sub=orangepeel&ci=8

anyone for dribble!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: that is soooooooooooooo cool!!!

flowlikewater
24-05-05, 11:25 AM
rad rides is sick hu?

cheers for the help. might just strip it all out and have a play aroung with accustic carpet. what do you think?