PDA

View Full Version : anything else?

Andrew V
19-09-01, 09:58 PM
Right I'm new to all this and I have decided to get 2 alpine swr 1240 subs and an alpine v12 mrv t707 amp. :)
What I need to know is do I need anything else? I have done the brown bread thing I used a roll for the boot. Just thinking as I heard something about crossovers and wondered if I need one and how much etc.....

Any help would be very much appreciated!

By the way are infinity components good for up front?? :-/ ;)

:D Breaking: 1.3sr everything available mail me at a_valvona@hotmail.com :D

Ballsy
20-09-01, 12:15 PM
u can put a crossover in if u want but that amp comes with a biult in cross over.... i think!!! u may need 2 think bout gettin a capasitor/up rated battery/altenator etc

infinty components sound sound really good but not the best, it depends on how much money u want 2 spend

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

jkhilton
20-09-01, 12:25 PM
I have infinity reference speakers in the front and run them off the 45w channels of my headunit, they sound good, but not very loud!! If you want quality, I heard a car with some Cerwin Vega components and subs(Ians mate with calibra!!) and that was amazing quality!!! but they are not cheap!

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Stuart
20-09-01, 07:32 PM
good amp and good subs :D the amp should have a x over on it.

as far as infinity stuff goes (everyone thinks im biased lol) i think its great. i used to think it was overpriced toot, but the new range is brilliant, i admit the subs are a little "smooth" but it depends on how you like bass, like bass boom boom.

Cerwin vega stuff is amazing, a tad pricey though but worth it if you can afford it

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands