PDA

View Full Version : Hreg 1.2 nova merit wireing help please

Taron
18-05-05, 11:35 AM
Somebody tried to steal my sons car last night but failed, they pulled the wireing off after smashing off the coweling, the police have been informed. what i need to know is, where do these wires go to, is there a diagram anywhere online

The car is a bog standard Vauxhall nova merit 1.2 Hreg why somebody would want to steal it is beyond me, he uses the car for work and has to be at work at five in the mornings and because there is no buses at this time he had to walk.
Thanks for any infomation offered.

Chris
18-05-05, 12:15 PM
If you list which wires are off I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out rather sharpish.
If somebody has tried to pinch it then I pressume that they have pulled the plug from the bottom of the ignition barrel, there is a mixture of red, black and black/red wires here. If they have pulled the wires out of the plug then it might be a good idea to go to a scrap yard and cut off a plug from another loom and solder you wires on, when you cut off the loom/plug from other car make sure you leave enough wire to connect to

Chris

Aragorn
18-05-05, 08:07 PM
chav scum :evil:

this kinda thing really annoys me, sad lame wankers who wanna steal other folks property because they dont have anything themselves

ive had a stereo stolen and prompted me to take some more security precautions, kill swtiches alarm removing fascia etc

my bro had all the precautions above a few months later and someone screwdrivered his locks and got in, alarm went off and they bailed

as for the loom u'll prolly have a red, two blacks and a black/red

if the wires have been removed from the plug your best bet would be to nip down a scrap yard and cut a plug off another nova like chris said

however if the pins are numbered u maybe able to get away with sticking some spade connectors on and bodging it back together

pin 1 is red (possibly labeled 30)
pin 2 is black (possibly labeled 15)
pin 4 is black/red (possibly labeled 50)
pin 5 is black (possibly labeled 15A)

the only problem you'll have is the blacks, these are ignition lives however one of those black wires is kept on during the cranking stage (to power coil etc) and the other isnt(to stop heated screen/blower etc draining power while cranking), finding out which is which may pose a problem

as far as i can tell from the wiring diagram pin 2 is on while cranking and 5 goes off, if u join one of the blacks to the red and see if heater blower works, if it DOES then thats the black that should be on pin 5, if it doesnt its the black that should be on pin 2