PDA

View Full Version : budget bass

Anonymous
18-08-01, 10:01 PM
Im coming round to getting my GTE on the road finally,and I want to fit a new spanking ICE system on the cheap mind,I have been running a 35watt pioneer head,with a 300 watt amp powering 7x10s on the shelf,however now I want bass,to fill in lower tones,not for me to feel its crisp and loud,if I had some better bass,I wouldnt need to kill my ears via the 2ways giving it all they can, Im thinking along the lines of a similar headunit,and maybe a 10" or 12" sub,but do not know what sorta amplifier to go for,or what to use to play the higher frequencies,come on cambridge,I need your help agin :)

clear repeaters,lowered and more performance in the pipe line :)

Anonymous
18-08-01, 10:16 PM
hello again children, are we sitting comfortably? then ill begin

right you want nice bass but not thudding rude boy shitte as far as i can gather. right then an infintiy 10" for you sir should only set you back about ?70 tops!!

amp wise try longmill prophets, shouldnt cost mega bucks, but i would really go for kicker impulse stuff!!

high frequencies then get some infinty or alpine tweeters.

you say you have the 7X10's fair play to ya!! they should be loud and bassy enough for anyone but hey. i mean i have infinty reference 6x9's and they are nice and loud and bassy (sounds like 2 subs in there) Lurvely

Ohh Ahhhh
Ger Orf Moy LAAANNNDDD

Traater, Traila, Comboine Bailer

Anonymous
20-08-01, 10:39 AM
What should I look for in sub box design?-I could probably knock one up myself,but dont know how to get it to the best size for the speakers performance

clear repeaters,lowered and more performance in the pipe line :)

Anonymous
20-08-01, 09:43 PM
sealed box! unless the sub is secifically meant to be ported. diy is always good. just be creative. ill dig out the dimentions of a litre of air for you. sounds odd but you need this figure to get the best out of the sub.

Ohh Ahhhh
Ger Orf Moy LAAANNNDDD

Traater, Traila, Comboine Bailer

ScottSRi
20-09-01, 12:40 PM
The best thing for a budget system is two 10 inch rockford fosgates at ?52 each and a twin 10 sealed box for about ?70 that's ?174 and as we all know Rockford is good stuff !!

Leave my leftover alone !!! :)

ScottSRi
20-09-01, 12:41 PM
The best thing for a budget system is two 10 inch rockford fosgates at ?52 each and a twin 10 sealed box for about ?70 that's ?174 and as we all know Rockford is good stuff !!

Leave my leftover alone !!! :)

frillip
18-06-02, 12:23 PM
8) my mate mikeoxford on here made his own sub box and he downloaded a program which sounds good ppl should ask him for the program and he will prob tell you where to get it from!!! 8)

dids25
27-08-02, 07:52 PM
Gets some Pro-Plus Subs.They are the bomb. A 1000w 12" Sub for 89.95 and they look the shti . or just go for the 300w one at 39.95.