PDA

View Full Version : My new car

Lee H
17-05-05, 09:37 AM
Bought this on Saturday for the bargain price of ?500, needs a few bits doing to it but worth the money, certainly better than my yellow valver SR runabout if not as fast.

autotrader link here (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=VAUXHALL&model=NOVA&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=ol4+5du&miles=60&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=7&distance=51&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200519191740932)

edited link as stretching page- ian

MARTIN KELSON
17-05-05, 09:44 AM
Hiya mate,
Not seen ya for ages how things with the turbo and the five?
You going to PV show in June.
Whots the plan with this Nova, new project or daily runabout?

Lee H
17-05-05, 09:47 AM
Hi mate, long time no see, must just say your car is looking mint now.

Sold the 5 turbo in January to buy a cheap runabout Nova which I then fitted the valver to but its rotten and was looking for something better and this turned up, its a daily runabout but unsure whether to put the valver in it or not.

Should be going to PV but won't be in the turbo as its not finished, booked in for its MOT on Saturday though after 20 months off the road but it still needs painting to finish it.

scott.parker
17-05-05, 11:16 AM
Very nice clean GSi that is mate,good find,strange how much it looks like my mates bro's SRi though...

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1424

Ok me and my mate "made" him GSi kit it and then it was sprayed up,but looks very much like the GSi you just bought.

Scott

Lee H
17-05-05, 11:21 AM
Not mega clean close up, needs a new front wing and a rear arch doing but not bad apart from that, thinking it might get valvered though but not certain yet.

Does look very much like that one :o

MARTIN KELSON
17-05-05, 11:23 AM
Whot have you been doing to the turbo then for so long?
Iam takeing mine to PV this year. Might even run it if que not to long!!
Went to Santa Pod at weekend, had good play with mates Integra type R and Accord type R on M6!
Blew about ?50 in petrol in 200 miles! Not most economical of cars mine now!
Hope to see next month mate.

Lee H
17-05-05, 11:28 AM
Nothing really, left it for ages and played with the 5 till Jan before I started on the Nova again. Just totally stripped now with full cage, buckets and harnesses, pretty much like yours, also got phase 2 which should make it about 270 bhp with a bit of luck. Got all the new panels, just need some extra bits strengthening and someone to paint it, thats proving the hard bit.

MARTIN KELSON
17-05-05, 11:58 AM
I found it really hard to find a decent bodyshop i could trust.
Depends how much you need doing and how much you want to spend, try either where mine went or i have the number for where Karl Rowntree uses and his paintjob is always mint.
270bhp should be fun!!

Lee H
17-05-05, 12:06 PM
Needs a full internal and external respray in the standard colour so quite a lot but there will be a lot of brand new panels and the car will be stripped of glass etc by myself before it goes in. I would like Adrian to do it but apparently he seems to think I messed him about in the past but I have the cash there waiting where I didn't before.

Should be great fun but reckon the F20 will last all of a week if that. :roll:

MARTIN KELSON
17-05-05, 12:36 PM
If your having internal and external why not have a colour change to make it look more individual.
He has moved body shops now, did manage to do mine month or so ago but not 100% sure if there keen on this sort of job as there more insurance work based.
When you looking at having it done?
F20 good for 200lb/f of torque so you might become an expert gearbox swapper after a while!!

Jim
17-05-05, 12:37 PM
Sorry to hijack the post, but are you displaying your car on a stand Martin, if so, which one?

Jim

MARTIN KELSON
17-05-05, 12:46 PM
Yes i am.
Got tickets through the PVG.
As long as i get a pass to get me into the back not bothered where i stick it!!

Lee H
17-05-05, 01:14 PM
If your having internal and external why not have a colour change to make it look more individual.
He has moved body shops now, did manage to do mine month or so ago but not 100% sure if there keen on this sort of job as there more insurance work based.
When you looking at having it done?
F20 good for 200lb/f of torque so you might become an expert gearbox swapper after a while!!

Really like the standard colour so want to keep it like that, not that many diamond black ones about either and don't want to take the engine out completely again. Looking to have it done as soon as possible, car is going for MOT Saturday but don't want to drive it after that until its painted. Just don't trust any of the garages I have been to in the past for bodywork.

I had the F28 but too much trouble to fit, fancy a straight cut box eventually.

J4MES
17-05-05, 02:30 PM
new car looks great...and the turbo sounds like it'll be a monster...

Matt Nova
17-05-05, 06:34 PM
looks nice mate and the turbo sounds like its going to be very very nice 8)

Riggy
18-05-05, 05:20 PM
lol looks good lee but when i saw you turbo the other week it was looking very nice

your just being a perfectionist with the paint on it :lol: :lol:

Lee H
19-05-05, 08:37 AM
Managed to get the turbo out of the unit last night to move it to the back so its ready to go for its MOT on Saturday, felt strange driving it after so long though, wanted to take it up the road but won't risk it till I have an MOT (if it passes that is :o )

coxie
19-05-05, 01:29 PM
gonna pass .. gonna pass... 8)

u still ent took me for that 2ltr drive yet .. i have no idea how fast these things are still and mine ent finished :O lol

Lee H
19-05-05, 01:31 PM
Maybe 8)

Can't take you out in the valver as its not insured now but might take you out in the turbo if thats a good enough replacement?

coxie
19-05-05, 01:34 PM
i think thatll just about doo lol ..

itll make mine feel well slow :O .. see more changes comin after this lmao ..

tis a fine car lee :D ..

Adam Moran
19-05-05, 01:36 PM
Lee your black gsi is the car i fell inlove with when i 1st got into novas all those years ago lol

will be good to see it back ;-)

Are you planning to bring it to shows this year??

Lee H
19-05-05, 01:39 PM
Cheers

Won't be going to PV but hoping it will be in the bodyshop by then for a full respray, just trying to find someone I trust to do a mint job thats proving the problem. Will be at Trax in it and Billing though hopefully.

coxie
19-05-05, 01:43 PM
OOHHH lee that reminds me .. dont no if uve seen johnnys saxo ..

well it went to a wigan body shop .. ( not to far ;)) .. lad called adge his dad runs it ..

STBodyworks .... think the link to his site is www.stbodyworx.co.uk

check em out they do some v nice paint jobs ...

Lee H
19-05-05, 01:46 PM
OOHHH lee that reminds me .. dont no if uve seen johnnys saxo ..

well it went to a wigan body shop .. ( not to far ;)) .. lad called adge his dad runs it ..

STBodyworks .... think the link to his site is www.stbodyworx.co.uk

check em out they do some v nice paint jobs ...

Link doesn't work.

Don't want anything fancy really, just delocking and a mint standard diamond black respray but seen crap jobs from most of the body shops near us.

coxie
19-05-05, 02:01 PM
oops my bad .. here ya go lee .. and theyll do u a standard colour etc .. there jus really gud aswell ;)

http://www.stbodyworx.com/