PDA

View Full Version : van conversion

Gingersnaps
16-05-05, 10:01 PM
i was just thinking and i wouldnt mind making my nova into a van.
is there a easy/cheap way to do this with out forkin it ??

Mike.
16-05-05, 10:08 PM
you can get panels to replace the rear windows, just take the windows out and put the panels in, in there place

burgo
16-05-05, 11:59 PM
id recommend getting the van panels form a scrappy though a buying them from vauxhall is expensive. make sure you take a drill and spot-weld bit and a stanley knife to get the though

notenuffhoursintheday
17-05-05, 12:23 AM
im thinking of doing it myself but i can get sheets of metal cut next to where i work or even get them laser cut anyonew got pictures of vans ? thanks

chris

burgo
17-05-05, 12:25 AM
im thinking of doing it myself but i can get sheets of metal cut next to where i work or even get them laser cut anyonew got pictures of vans ? thanks

christhats all very well but how you gonna attach these panels??

notenuffhoursintheday
17-05-05, 12:28 AM
either spot weld and smooth or bond them on also would it be illegal to cover up back windo with a plate to

burgo
17-05-05, 12:30 AM
either spot weld and smooth or bond them on also would it be illegal to cover up back windo with a plate todount it and it would be fair less hassle getting proper panels

notenuffhoursintheday
17-05-05, 12:34 AM
how do the panels fit in the orignals do they go into the old window trim coz id rather get them spot welded and smoothed i reakon theyd look better and with the back windo i dont want tinted i want blanked of but i would imagine its illegal to block the rear view

burgo
17-05-05, 12:36 AM
the standard ones have lips which fold round and it is these lips which are then spot weld to the window frame then they are sealed on the outside. as for the rear window as long as you change it from being a car to a van on the log book i doubt it is illegal

notenuffhoursintheday
17-05-05, 12:38 AM
its an idea just one problem lol more insurance :(

burgo
17-05-05, 12:49 AM
its an idea just one problem lol more insurance :(baxters insurence went down when he converted his to a van :wink:

SRlew
17-05-05, 12:06 PM
either spot weld and smooth or bond them on also would it be illegal to cover up back windo with a plate to

i dont now if any one else has seen it but, iv seen a van with a one off back end, it was a van with the window on the tailgate plated over aswell, i saw it in the forsale section in total vauxhall bout 2yrs ago i think, it was like a custom green/blue sort of color, looked good.

and theres a white nova van forsale down my road with a GTE engine thats been chiiped and cammed i think he said. they look well good :D

Jack
17-05-05, 12:43 PM

i dont now if any one else has seen it but, iv seen a van with a one off back end, it was a van with the window on the tailgate plated over aswell, i saw it in the forsale section in total vauxhall bout 2yrs ago i think, it was like a custom green/blue sort of color, looked good.

Yeah I remember that. I thought it was a complete fibreglass tailgate though?

Gingersnaps
17-05-05, 01:04 PM
i think i might see about getting some van panels if its that easy to do lol

would a novadose kit look ok on a nova van tho ?

SRlew
17-05-05, 01:09 PM
yer i could imagine it being fiberglass as there was a custom spoiler smoothed in aswell if remember right.

i dont think iv seen another nova like that.

Gingersnaps
17-05-05, 04:23 PM
where can i buy the panels from new?? can anyone link me to a site?

Dod
19-05-05, 10:28 PM
Mate, dont bother. Get 2 pieces of 2mm steel and cut them the same shape as your rear window, prime or paint them, sit them in the window seal and refit. What i'm doing with mine is spraying them white or light grey and tinting over them, there'll be a slight colour difference between them and the front windows but it shouldn't be too noticable. See my feature and see how it looks. Get an engineers report stating the work was done correctly, send it to your insurance company and watch the insurance come down!!

Gingersnaps
20-05-05, 11:10 PM
kool how much u reckon my insurance would come down in percent? as am very poor lol

Dod
21-05-05, 12:05 PM
Well mate, in Ireland, the land of crazy insurance, my company wanted e3500 for a 1200 Nova car, now with it turned into a van, i can have anything up to a 1.5 litre petrol or diesel engine in it and its only gonna cost me e2000, there may be a difference in England though, just phone up and ask!

burgo
21-05-05, 01:47 PM
Mate, dont bother. Get 2 pieces of 2mm steel and cut them the same shape as your rear window, prime or paint them, sit them in the window seal and refit. What i'm doing with mine is spraying them white or light grey and tinting over them, there'll be a slight colour difference between them and the front windows but it shouldn't be too noticable. See my feature and see how it looks. Get an engineers report stating the work was done correctly, send it to your insurance company and watch the insurance come down!!a metalplate just put into you standard rubber :o , your brave is all im saying

Dod
21-05-05, 07:39 PM
Whys that Burgo? Never had a leek, no extra noise or air getting in, passed the engineers report, nothing wrong with it. :?

-=VanMan=-
21-05-05, 08:22 PM
If you want a nova van BUY! one as the conversions tend to look shite

Mike.
21-05-05, 11:02 PM

lol a nova van is just a nova so how do you think the kit would look, wouldn't look no different :lol:

-=VanMan=-
21-05-05, 11:47 PM

lol a nova van is just a nova so how do you think the kit would look, wouldn't look no different :lol:

exactly....... shite one both :wink:

Dod
22-05-05, 12:49 AM

exactly....... s**t one both :wink:

He He hE!! :lol: :lol:

Mike.
22-05-05, 12:52 AM
was a bit of a daft question though

Dod
22-05-05, 01:03 AM
Well ask a stupid question........ :lol:

-=VanMan=-
22-05-05, 01:43 AM
There are no stupid questions.....

Just stupid people :wink: