PDA

View Full Version : Dynamat

Anonymous
03-09-01, 06:31 PM
I have read the previous mails about using Hi Band tape instead of Dynamat cos its cheaper. Which is fair enough; but did this actually stop the vibrations from the bass??

I mean LOUD bass !!

Also, IF dynamat is used, how many rolls would I need to cover the boot, how much for the doors etc?
Where else would u sound-deaden the car, rear seats and floor worthwhile??

How far do u go with mods, that is the question ... :-/

Anonymous
03-09-01, 08:51 PM
hey m8 from ma experiance (sp!!!) u can go for the cheaper option but it will never be a s good as the stuff that was designed for the purpose, all u people that have done it will say its the same but it's not the dynamat stuff is far better

i used 4 rolls in ma car and when av got ma 2 infinitys turned up you can hardly hear anything out side the car- and if you ask any person that is conserned more with sound quality rather than SPL they will tell you that if you can hear the car b4 u see chances are that inside the car the sound will be pants :)

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
03-09-01, 11:16 PM
um wled the boot lid shut to stop that retteling!! lol

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
04-09-01, 09:09 AM
ive never used dynamat but i tried that flashing tape and it works great. I obviously cant compare but i can say it aint shit. remember you will be paying for the name with dynamat.

Anonymous
04-09-01, 10:14 AM
Hopefully I wont have rattling from the number plate, cos this wont be on the boot lid, which is being smoothed ...plate in the bumper.

I think I agree with Ballsy with the Dynamat, (but I'm not doubting the Hi Band tape at all!).

I will put the stuff on the boot floor and sides ...which have the subs obviously ...

Is it a good idea to lay it underneath the rear seats too?

how hard is it to put it onto the metal of the inside doors, and rear quarter panels??

The roof would be a silly place, wouldn't it?

Vroooooooooom !!
:p I'm allowed to make silly noises, cos I ain't got my car back yet!!! :(

Anonymous
05-09-01, 12:20 PM
puy it any place that may move/ vibrate... put it every where!!!!! and i mean every where, remember if u get the dynamat stuff u only need to use small squres etc 3*3 inches to cover one door, that should be more than enough to stop the rattlin.. unless u r buildin a huge system where u r better using more than that

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
05-09-01, 05:36 PM
cheers boss.

Have u flushed ya tailgate??
I dont know whther to do it or not, if I dont it may rattle quite a bit !!

Anonymous
06-09-01, 10:36 AM
carpet underlay work well...

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

[-monkcap.jpg-]

Have u ever blown Bubbles?...
Cos he's back in town askin for ya...

Anonymous
10-09-01, 09:13 AM
If u want to use proper stuff then use Brown Bread, it is the same as Dynamat but cheaper, I've used it in my boot and it's wicked.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D