PDA

View Full Version : help needed

scriv
16-05-05, 01:23 PM
coming back from the pod yesturday doing about 65 on the motorway my car just lost all power started missfiring it idlies fine but soon as u try and drive it spluters
ive tired a new:
coil
plugs
leads
rotor arm
has anyone got any ideas the only thing i havent changed is the little black module underneath the coil

scott.parker
16-05-05, 01:30 PM
Fuel fillter/pipes blocked/crap in tack or simaler?

Scott

andyhayes77
16-05-05, 01:39 PM
get some carb cleaner and spray your carb out and check air filter it could be something as simple as a blockage fingers crossed.

I had the same problem ith mine and carb cleaner then a ?25 crypton tuning sorted it

novaexplod
16-05-05, 05:49 PM
im only guessin but i think u may have burnt out a valve in the cylinder head.

scriv
17-05-05, 12:32 AM
ok ive checked all th ignition side of things they seem ok done a compression test and every cylinder was ok so dont think its a valve its realy anoying me now it feels like the ignition is realy retarded going to get the distrubtor reconditioned by ,h and h see if that helps

burgo
17-05-05, 12:34 AM
i recon scott has the right idea. gonna be fuel starvation somewhere

Aragorn
17-05-05, 01:01 AM
what engine is it?

getlost29
17-05-05, 08:46 AM
if got a carb, clean ur jets out, or one of the jets might be leacking.

if u got spi or mpi check the injectors out, if u know any one. put em in a test unit and clean em, and then test em again

i had a problen with an older car where a jet was leeking, and did the same thing

scott.parker
17-05-05, 10:23 AM
i recon scott has the right idea. gonna be fuel starvation somewhere

Q) have you run the car very low any point in the last few weeks/or ran out of fuel??

Well the reason i said it was i had the same thing happen once,i replaced the plugs and leads thinking it was that,and for a week it was ok then it came back,so i got very pissed off and could not find out what was wrong,it would run grat for two three days then out of know where judder like hell and splutter like it was running on three cylinders.

It cus most fuel blocks move around and will let fuel through then block it back up again, a filter and some pipes is not going to coast the earth to replace,and that way you have eliminated that option and can look els where for the cause.

Scott

mattm
17-05-05, 12:09 PM
Same thing happened to mine, idled fine, but when i pulled off it backfired and died on me. Found out i had a dodgy connection from the dizzy to the coil! Also check the dizzy itself.

alanh
19-05-05, 11:19 AM
You could also need to check the ignition module, the black unit behind the rotor arm, could be a loose connection on there, or the module could have gone faulty.