PDA

View Full Version : nova not turning off

-Greg-
16-05-05, 12:53 PM
im going to look at this nova in a couple of days but the thing is it wont turn off by the key, it starts by the key but wont turn off you have to stall it to turn it off, the kid said it anit the barrel becuase he has had another one put on and its not the little black box because he has tyryed another one of them as well so does anyone know what it could be?
cheers greg

General Baxter
16-05-05, 01:03 PM
its the timming mate, just adjust that and it should turn off via the key

-Greg-
16-05-05, 01:05 PM
the timming thats odd how come it would be that as he said that it just suddenly done it?

mattm
17-05-05, 02:00 PM
Deffo timing mate, mine runs on a little when i turn the igniton off. Just ajust it via the dizzy.

nova_nutta
11-06-05, 11:59 AM
if its a mk2 try taking the hazard swith out i know it sounds weird but could be the problem vauxhall didnt wire the mk2 novas all that great and you can actually start a mk2 nova up by turning the hazard switch round turning it on and bump starting the car also if you turn it round but turned the car on with a key when you take the key out the car will still run

Jay

Aragorn
11-06-05, 02:26 PM
does the dashboard stay on or just the engine

if the dashboard goes off its probably just the timing

if it stays on it may be another electrical issue

Chris S
12-06-05, 12:06 PM
check all dash wires because more than likely they'll be an ignition live touching a permanent live, ect.
look it the rubber grommet from boot to roff lining and at the back of the stereo

justnovas
15-06-05, 09:15 PM
I bet if you took the clocks out it would not happen as the copper strips on the bottom are tuching together.....

_JH_
15-06-05, 09:27 PM
timing issues may cause the engine to run on briefly, but not to the point where you need to stall it. thats an electrical fault, the coil is somehow still getting an electrical feed.