PDA

View Full Version : new interior project

dooooney
14-05-05, 10:31 PM
hey hey just got a new project to keep my self occupide(sp) well i got me old laptop pulled it to bits and it looks like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/dooooney/54DL1063.jpg

but from this i am makeing a moniter for my nova!! its not that hard and it can be done for only 30quid once i have done it all i will make a guide to it and let all you guys get a big screen in your car for nearly nothin

ANDYRACER
15-05-05, 12:20 AM
Id be very interested in this. 7" screens are just to small!!
Looks like a good idea so keep me posted.

dooooney
15-05-05, 02:15 AM
after loads and loads of reaserch on this its not going to b easy but i will do my best to get this working im just awaiting on some old laptops to be deliverd so it dont matter how many lcds i break well im off to start on this ill update some pikkys soon

Nick
15-05-05, 11:58 AM
erm, from my days of electronics we were allways told that LCD displays are bloody complicated to get to work. In theory it's a simple design, but actually getting the correct voltages to the correct part of the LCD is hard.

Isn't it the laptop that processes all the info for the display ?

Matt2107
16-05-05, 12:55 PM
erm, from my days of electronics we were allways told that LCD displays are bloody complicated to get to work. In theory it's a simple design, but actually getting the correct voltages to the correct part of the LCD is hard.

Isn't it the laptop that processes all the info for the display ?

You had to go and shatter the poor lads dream nick :P

andyhayes77
16-05-05, 01:47 PM
Nick is right all screens are controlled by a graphics modulator You cant just remove a screen and use it as a monitor check the internet even the most highly trained technicians are still in the design process ov what ur trying to achieve

But good idea m8!!!

Ill supply you with some links on different solutions for large monitors in cars inabit

andyhayes77
16-05-05, 01:52 PM
forgot to mention here is the pin assignment for a monitor

Here are the pin assignments for the DVI interface:
1 T.M.D.S. Data2-..............9 T.M.D.S. Data1-..................17 T.M.D.S. Data0-
2 T.M.D.S. Data2+.............10 T.M.D.S. Data1+...............18 T.M.D.S. Data0+
3 T.M.D.S. Data2/4 Shield.11 T.M.D.S. Data1/3 Shield....19 T.M.D.S. Data0/5 Shield
4 T.M.D.S. Data4-..............12 T.M.D.S. Data3-.................20 T.M.D.S. Data5-
5 T.M.D.S. Data4+.............13 T.M.D.S. Data3+...............21 T.M.D.S. Data5+
6 DDC Clock......................14 +5V Power........................22 T.M.D.S. Clock Shield
7 DDC Data.......................15 Ground(return for +5V, HSync, and VSync)23 T.M.D.S. Clock+
8 Analog Vertical Sync.......16 Hot Plug Detect................24 T.M.D.S. Clock-
C1Analog Red....................C2Analog Green...................C3Analog Blue
C4Analog Horizontal Sync.C5Analog.Ground (analog R, G, & B return) Digital Only Connector

If you can understand this use part of the base for a laptop to power the monitor and follow the DVI linkup to transfer to AV

andyhayes77
16-05-05, 02:28 PM
This guy knows what hes talking about read his site then put your cash away and stop buying monitors I hate to put ur theory straight to the bin but I tryed it a few years ago with no sucess

http://www.geocities.com/p9019/lcdpanel.html

Nick
16-05-05, 06:43 PM
yes as i said, making LCD work is fooking complicated