PDA

View Full Version : Well done DAN!!!!!

nova---chris
14-05-05, 11:22 AM
Just heard hes ran is quickest time ever at santa pod today.
14.3 @ 95mph. Not bad at all for a 1.6 !!! Hes running consistant also.
So i would think thats well quick enough to do do over a valver.

Big up lad!! :twisted: :twisted:

SKoob
14-05-05, 11:38 AM
That sounds like fantastic time, doing the 1.6 8v proud :wink: And proves people wrong that you can't make a nova quick with an original engine 8)

-Bruce-
14-05-05, 11:43 AM
Nice one dan!! He is very consistant, glad to hear it.

Thats a better time than a std 20xe nova!!

Jim
14-05-05, 12:48 PM
Excellent stuff!

Jim

Ste L
14-05-05, 01:32 PM
nice one fella 8)

benji
14-05-05, 01:40 PM
is he there now?

Dan
14-05-05, 01:50 PM
woooooooo yayyyyyyyy yippeeeee

Not long got back to charles house, so will scan the slips in on sunday night when i get home. BUT as correctly said i did 3 runs in total, the first 2 were 14.3 @ 95.5mph and the third was a lowly 14.4 @ 96 mph.

So me is one happy bunny. Thats part one of an interesting weekend over with, part 2 is even madder so will update either sunday or monday night :wink:

burgo
14-05-05, 02:04 PM
niceone dan

nathan.
14-05-05, 07:02 PM
well done dan! put a few of those XE's to shame

Riggy
14-05-05, 07:04 PM
:lol: nice one dan :lol:

Ben
14-05-05, 07:12 PM
The diet has paid off then :lol:

(of course the cars diet i mean) :lol: :lol:

m.d.
14-05-05, 07:15 PM
class. lots of cash spent to keep up with a standard valver tho.

immagine the valver with the same mods 8)

Dan
14-05-05, 07:31 PM
class. lots of cash spent to keep up with a standard valver tho.

immagine the valver with the same mods 8)

Not as much cash as you would expect lol :wink: . hmmm a valver with the same mods, but that would be like every other persons car at the moment, how many 1.6 8v's in our circles are running mid to low 14's. Thats why i chose that route, I'd rather stand out abit from the crowd rather than just blend in with the latest fad cos its cheaper and everyone does it

m.d.
14-05-05, 07:47 PM
yeah deffo mate.

but im a speed junkie lol. ill do anything if itll just catch up with the next fastest thing lol.

peester
14-05-05, 07:53 PM
it really is gettin to the point where only a lighter driver :wink: wud better that time in a stripped, n/a 1.6 8v.. :D
very impressed mate; very jealous too.

Stuart
14-05-05, 08:04 PM
just to add, i was at CP's today (lashing up the paint job on my nova) and took dans car for a spin after he got back.

grip?!?!?! FECK me it felt like it had proper downforce giving wings!! if you welly it mid corner then thing just squats down and grips like a little bug. I was so impressed. so its not jsut fast in a straight line!

oh btw part 2 of dans weekend involved staying with CP tonite :s ohh errr

Chris
14-05-05, 08:33 PM
awsome Dan, well chuffed for you, at least now you have had a decent run and know what she can do. I am looking forward to seeing it on a trackday and hopefully having a ride in it too round a track, I was astonished by the grip it had when you took me in it at MK and it was wet then.

Keep up the good work lads

Chris

CP
14-05-05, 08:36 PM
just to add, i was at CP's today (lashing up the paint job on my nova)

:lol: looked like stu had been down the hair salon and had highlights put in :P (pics to follow :wink: ) Still it was good to see that he wasn't wasting any of that valuable paint :lol:

Anyway my moment of shame was just as we got to pod and dan was trying to get on track i noticed that in a doddery moment i had done the 1 thing my missus had expressly asked me not to do - namely piss off with her car keys :roll: ( well i cant be expected to remember everything FFS!) This resulted in me missing dans early runs but i got back in time to see him fire in a 14.4. When is this lad going to get consistent :roll: :lol: ? All in all bloody excellent times - he's officially king of the block! Its going to take something special to get below those times and i look forward to seeing it happen if it ever does :wink: *cough* Jim?

Jim
14-05-05, 08:47 PM
Its going to take something special to get below those times and i look forward to seeing it happen if it ever does :wink: *cough* Jim?

Don't look at me, I'm becoming a trailer queen, lol.

I'm really pleased for you Dan. I can't think what else to say really. You've thrown down the gaunlet big style and I honestly can't see that time being beaten. You set out to improve on your already excellent time of 14.9 and you've succeded, and then some.

Congrats mate.

Jim

Philsutton
14-05-05, 09:53 PM
fuck think i need to sort meself out this summer

elsey197
14-05-05, 10:05 PM
That is a mental time, well done dan. Surely its possible to get closer to 13 with the aid of light weight panels?

benji
15-05-05, 12:36 AM
get cp's slicks on it now dan, and get jim to drive it, lol

m.d.
15-05-05, 01:56 AM
yeah a fibreglass bootlid, bonnet, wings, roofskin, doors and bumpers would be a good idea and then the slicks. you will be knocking off another half a second with that too

nova---chris
15-05-05, 10:23 AM
Another quick car out of the rifle range stables.
I think CP has a full range of cars now. lol
1.4 / 1.6/and 2.0 16v lol

Im hoping to be getting near 13 dead this year eventually. If all goes to plan! :)

scott.parker
15-05-05, 04:25 PM
Dam fast time dan nice one :D

Well you will be seeing me behinde you on my slow time of 14.86 :lol:

Scott

C-S_Cormac
15-05-05, 04:42 PM
Very impressive mate,,, I dream for a time that quick lol

srs1
15-05-05, 06:07 PM
nice one dan. very impressive times there fella.

Dan
15-05-05, 10:58 PM
Thanks again for all the comments, appreciated 8)

Just glancing on the pod tables and noticed that i have took my place back again from phil by 0.02 of a second like last year lol :lol:

Will
15-05-05, 11:49 PM
very impressive indeed! well done mate :)

Philsutton
16-05-05, 04:10 PM
lol i updated mine a while back, then you go pull this out the bag. Last time you were just a few hundredeths of a second ahead. Ah well least your giving me some motivation to get mine quicker now. :lol:

CP
17-05-05, 08:57 PM
:lol: just remembered another quality moment from the day - a young lad decided to run his dt 125 up the strip complete with trials bike knobblies on. Fair play and why not, but he kept going up - mmmm- maybe a little pointless but hey its a free world but it did turn humourous when faced with the opposition of an R1 he decided to get serious and warm his tyres up! :lol: We had to laugh as he stood off his bike trying to get the knobblies to spin up which they refused to do in any meaningful manner! Needless to say he ran the R1 close all the way up :lol: