PDA

View Full Version : interference-amps?

Anonymous
25-06-01, 02:29 PM
I am experiencing interference and I think its my amp,I wired it up properly,but when the cars all warmed up,it occasionally gets a wining over the speakers from my revs,it dies off over so many revs or in a higher gear,but its a bit annoying,it dont do it all the time u see,does anyone know if its the amp or my head unit?

Anonymous
25-06-01, 03:12 PM
what kind of amp is it??? cause if tis a cheap one they tend to have a different grounding level to beter quality ones, ohh yeah u can by a noise suppressor from Autoleads (u get them from any good audio store :-) )

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
25-06-01, 03:32 PM
have you wired the power/signal feeds down the same side of the car? they need to be as far away from each other as possible really I.E power passenger side and signal drivers side.

Anonymous
25-06-01, 03:56 PM
You need a ground loop isolator. (I think thats what its called?!)

Anonymous
25-06-01, 04:05 PM
if you have more than one amp they need to be connected to the same grounding point to, as close to the aamps as possible

Anonymous
25-06-01, 06:09 PM
Its a cheapish amp,and RCAs run down one side,power and remote down the other,as it said in the revs feature that made me get round to fitting an amp :) could it be caused by the car vibrating the amp? :-/ its behind the NSR passenger seat on the boot carpet,and earthed at a seatbelt point,which I sanded

Anonymous
25-06-01, 06:37 PM
the vibrations shouldnt make any difference. if it whins with the throttle (ie when you rev it, it whins more) its yer alternator that need a supressor fitting to. or just get BIG thick cable for the earth lead and make it short as poss!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
25-06-01, 08:31 PM
no u need a ground loop isolater, it is due to the cheap amp(i have it on my cheap one) and u can actually run the rca with remote lead as this is a very small amount of power just to tell the amp to swith on. Trust me i have done on the rear amp and i have no probs!!!!

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
25-06-01, 08:54 PM
ahh yes coz the amp makers are wankers and made to ground a total loop on the circuit board. (twats) you can get an isolator and spanishfly sed or if you feel adventurous open up the amp and find the "earth" track and break it. but thats best left to the pros :D lol

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
27-06-01, 07:36 PM
Would I do better fitting a better earth?

Anonymous
27-06-01, 09:06 PM
yes