PDA

View Full Version : How too lower.....

Bent
12-05-05, 10:01 PM
My Nova runs on coilovers i front, but I have -60mm back.
I want it about -80-90mm back. Is it any kit that will lower so much back?

peester
12-05-05, 10:18 PM
if u want pigtail springs and separate shocks (like o.e set up) then no - if there was it you would know about them. its not that easy... on any car.. - only custom jobbies mate. then ur likely to get scrubbage/bottoming out - for fast road it'd be quite mad ride anyways..

Nova_Houch7
13-05-05, 08:40 AM
hey u cud try www.fk-automotive.com or www.venommotorsport.com
the kits they have say that they can lower from 30mm-100mm,
hope that will help

Rexy
13-05-05, 09:36 AM
Get a fat burd, stick her in the back... Stand back and admire...

:lol:

epo
13-05-05, 10:54 AM
why not get coilovers for the back then surely you can lower it more with them

SRlew
13-05-05, 02:31 PM
right iv been thinking about coilovers lately.
with coilovers on the back, are the springs relocated to the shocks??? (like the front ones)

i was looking in total vauxhall and saw a place called vaux-tec and they sell FK coilovers, but they also sell the FK AK budget coilovers, any one ever baught them??

dunova
13-05-05, 02:58 PM
with coilovers on the back, are the springs relocated to the shocks??? (like the front ones)

i was looking in total vauxhall and saw a place called vaux-tec and they sell FK coilovers, but they also sell the FK AK budget coilovers, any one ever baught them??
Yes the spring will be over the shock, hence the name 'coilover', as in coil spring over damper :wink:

I think some modding on the rear must be done to fit coilovers on the rear of a nova, not sure how much is involved, but a BIG hammer will probably sort it out :lol:

If you're just getting coilovers so you can slam you car then just get the cheapest one's (in which case i dont think FK's are the cheapest out there).

Dave
13-05-05, 03:14 PM

Yes the spring will be over the shock, hence the name 'coilover', as in coil spring over damper :wink:

i'm afraid you are wrong for the rears!
on all the sets i looked at the rears they are the same as normal springs (and sit in the same position on the car) just with an adjuster plate so they can be screwed up down to suit ride height
many different types can be brought dependingon requirements so you can either change ride height and/or damping rate

Ste L
13-05-05, 03:43 PM
i thought the avo's are proper coilovers front and back?

dunova
13-05-05, 03:45 PM

on all the sets i looked at the rears they are the same as normal springs (and sit in the same position on the car) just with an adjuster plate so they can be screwed up down to suit ride height

That's not a coilover then, that's a damper and spring with an adjuster plate :wink:

Bent
13-05-05, 08:17 PM
Can coilover from golf MKI/II modifie to fit a nova?

Dan
13-05-05, 08:23 PM
many different types can be brought dependingon requirements so you can either change ride height and/or damping rate

actually, he's not your just not looking in the right places. Avo coilover kit as fitted to mine and many others.

http://www2.novaload.net/files/dan/susp2.jpg[

Bent
13-05-05, 09:28 PM

actually, he's not your just not looking in the right places. Avo coilover kit as fitted to mine and many others.

http://www2.novaload.net/files/dan/susp2.jpg[

i want a kit like this.
Whats the price for it???

Dan
13-05-05, 09:48 PM
off the top of my head about ?500. You can buy direct from avo if needs be

SRlew
14-05-05, 04:34 PM
they look alright dan, how much can you lower it front and back on them avo's?

now there tempting!! :lol:
id probably need a loan to get them though :lol:

CP
14-05-05, 08:54 PM
Just a note of caution. If you are gonna use coilovers on a fully loaded nova which maybe used to carry loads or passengers be aware that the area that the coilover springs bear on in the rear arches is not plated up to take the strain and you may have problems. Most of us who use them have our cars stripped out etc so they are a lot lighter in the back :wink:

Alex
14-05-05, 09:10 PM
Get a fat burd, stick her in the back... Stand back and admire...

I agree with Rexy :lol:

maxpaine
15-05-05, 12:02 AM
do coils do anithing becouse qwhat i've seen e nova whit coikls the back ones are qual to normal suspension only the front is differnte

SRlew
15-05-05, 09:45 AM
Just a note of caution. If you are gonna use coilovers on a fully loaded nova which maybe used to carry loads or passengers be aware that the area that the coilover springs bear on in the rear arches is not plated up to take the strain and you may have problems. Most of us who use them have our cars stripped out etc so they are a lot lighter in the back :wink:

ah well thats alright for me.... i have no interior :lol:

but how low can you go with them?

Aragorn
15-05-05, 10:00 AM
probably 120mm if not lower

tbh i still wouldnt trust the entire weight of the rear of the car sitting on the std shock mounts unmodified stripped or not

the bottom mount is nothing more than a tiny piece of 1mm steel plate spot welded to the beam which it totally inadequate for taking the load of the rear of the car (remember when cornering u have dynamic weight shifting around, a good chunk of the vehicles weight can end up on one side of the car and also when accellerating)

the top is a BIT stronger but could still be doing with being stitch welded imo to take the extra loading that it wasnt designed for

Dave
16-05-05, 04:41 PM

Thought they didn't have them due to the stress it would have caused on the rear but i'm happy to be proved wrong!