PDA

View Full Version : Toxic amps

lauri
12-05-05, 05:04 PM
Been looking at amps to power my 12" pioneer 800w max sub. Toxic are by far the cheapest.
Toxic TX1000 4 Channel 1000w Amplifier ?74.95
has anyone got/had one of these? Need to know if they are reliable and do their job well. also have they got a website as i searched on google and couldn't find it?? Need to know a detailed spec if poss?
thanks,
lauri

notenuffhoursintheday
13-05-05, 12:28 AM
cheap means rubbish ive got 2 12" runnign of 800w splx amp and its crap absolute crap but atm im not assed as looks are a prioity to me then sound altho ive just soundproof therear of my car and the only noise u can hear is the squeak from the rear quarter cards i made they need sealer running around the egdes and screws i used loft stuff the fibreglass stuff hehehe

lauri
13-05-05, 02:10 AM
Whats so bad about them? Sound quality? 'fake' watts rating?
cheers

NovaSpen
19-05-05, 01:37 AM
Toxic amps are CLASS! Cheap and powerful. I have got my infinity 6x9s running off a 1000 watt 4 channel ready for my front speakers aswell and it gives the 6x9s sum propper shit! My mate had the same amp runnin everythin in his 106 and it was one of the loudest systems i have heard, now hes got a 206 and the same setup and it puts out major power again, he uses all JBL stuff, so maybe toxic work better with them. All in all i rate them pretty high. If you are on a budget this is definately the stuff, forget about motorworld and halfords 'special deals' as this is where the phrase 'cheap and nasty' comes from LOL
Hope this helps

NovaSpen
19-05-05, 01:42 AM
My mate is powerin a 12" 1000watt JBL sub and a set of components off it so i think it would easily handle a 800 watter

www.kaossounds.com
20-05-05, 01:58 PM
thay are ok but are cheap amps really thay arnt in the same class as some of the better makes thay use cheaper board and parts