PDA

View Full Version : rear builds

Anonymous
07-06-01, 12:54 AM
will a set of 6x9s sound good in the rear quarters of my sr . i want em here and not on the shelf if i make mdf pods and mould with filler will they be solid enuff to make them perform their best .i have alpine components in the doors and a single 1000w 12in alpine sub in the boot powered by a v12 amp. i would also need to sound deaden the rear quarter aswell, right thanx

Anonymous
07-06-01, 10:09 AM
ive heard that they can sound good. but you need to get 6x9's that have smallish magnets otherwise they will foul the arches and bodywork.

have a play, i mean ive seen an article a couple of years ago that puts a 10" sub in the passenger side one!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
07-06-01, 11:16 AM
don't use filler, use fibreglass. :D

Anonymous
08-06-01, 06:28 PM
I`ve made a pair of mdf rear 1/4 trims out of 12mm mdf and mounted the 6x9`s in them, sounds the bollox but it`s a pain to get right. You`ll have to cut a bit of the inner arch off on the drivers side and make sure you don`t snag the seat belt. :)

Anonymous
10-06-01, 04:20 PM
i made mine and didn't have to cut anything out the arch (am using the new pioneer stuff) which has quite small magnets

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)