PDA

View Full Version : i want a quiet exhaust?

tc3nitro
12-05-05, 08:55 AM
i am in the process of building nove XE and was wondering if anyone makes a fairly std quiet exhaust? i want this as the car is going to be a total stealth and i dont need the hassle of loud exhausts! Can anyone help me here?

DISCO GSI
12-05-05, 09:49 AM
if you get a custom one from someone like power flow they can put longer boxes in and quiet it down ! my mate has a tuned passat turbo but got a quiet system cos he has a kid!

tc3nitro
12-05-05, 09:53 AM
i had thought of that mate but i wondered if i could get a system off the shelf from someone? i have had dealings with the local powerflow dealer over the missus 106 gti and to be honest i would not go back!
anyway if onyone knows of anything let me know here!

Ste L
12-05-05, 10:04 AM
my magnex is fairly quiet, not loud at all

tc3nitro
12-05-05, 10:06 AM
i want something super quiet though mate and i want manifold and system for a 2.0xe!

Ste L
12-05-05, 10:07 AM
either use you stardard or go custom then

tc3nitro
12-05-05, 10:08 AM
yeah looks like its going to have to be a custom one!
anyone got any recomendations??

Jack
12-05-05, 10:27 AM
Most aftermarket exhausts are loud (or louder than standard), as thats part of their appeal to the masses.

There's a place round here who supplies and fits exhausts to your spec, you can even specify what kinda sound you want. I'll see if I can find out what exhaust parts he uses, that might give you some ideas...

tc3nitro
12-05-05, 10:28 AM
thanks mate

Spud
12-05-05, 11:55 AM
Have a look in something like demon tweeks or GPR, they do exhaust components, so you could build your own custom system and add a tuneable backbox/silencer that you can make quiet now and if you change your mind, can make louder

NovaloadedAgain
12-05-05, 12:05 PM
Use the four branch & use a cavalier 1.8 system, Thats what my mate done. Just need somebody handy with welding.

lee2004_
12-05-05, 12:20 PM
I Have A Peco BB2, But my exhaust system has a silencer and its well quiet, im gettin the silencer changed to straight pipe, But its quiet just on a standard exhaust system..so i dunno if thats a gd backbox to have.. im new to this modding place lol :oops:

epo
12-05-05, 12:24 PM
my magnex is fairly quiet, not loud at all

just what i was going to say i had a full system magnex on my sri and imo was too quiet for my liking so i made my own/got it made removed sielencers added straight through pipe ect

NovaloadedAgain
12-05-05, 12:27 PM
I have a Magnex on mine too-Its a full GSi system with a ashley 4 branch. Id say its pretty loud, But Its not as loud as what my standard exhaust was with a BB4! Lol.
Im actually going to ditch the back box in favour of my powerflow 4" slash style exhaust. Much louder! :wink:

Philsutton
12-05-05, 12:34 PM
i currently have a magnex on mine to keep noise levels down, its very quiet. I cant hear it at all apart from the popping sometimes. I shall be going back to my old one though for the shows to annoy people

Nick
12-05-05, 05:34 PM
the standard Nova mid silencer does absolutly nothing, it's all the backbox.

if you take it apart it's got like 6 holes through the chamber, look on an Ashley Track silencer and it's got Alot more, like 25 holes.

You could try getting a Ashley bulletbox (track silencer) and it should knock it down alot, they also claim there is no loss in performance.

but best bet is to go get a custom system, this is what i shall be doing...

epo
12-05-05, 06:54 PM
imo you cant go wrong with phil sutton or epo loud :lol:

ANDYRACER
12-05-05, 07:47 PM
loud all the way. 124db loud :lol:

Matt Nova
13-05-05, 07:25 AM
go custom matey

my ashley's pretty loud like :D

Mike.
13-05-05, 02:09 PM
go custom matey

my ashley's pretty loud like :D

but he doesn't want a loud exhaust :?

iff you want it to look and sound like a sleeper just put a standard exhaust system on it