11-05-05, 07:12 PM
Hello People,

Just trying to find a bit of info before i get stuck in to my conversion

I am trying to get 170-200bhp from my XE lump and just wondered the following

Is it worth uprating the big end bearings
Can different injectors can be used
What can be done to the bottom end to help in cope with big bhp
Is Lightening and balancing the crank worth doing
I am planning on boring to a 2050cc, would oversized pistons be a must? If so could i get some oversized pocketed pistons that would work with solid lifters as i am planning on some fast-road cams also?

If i am talking tosh then please say. I need all the advice i can get! :| Would like to hopefully achieve around the 170+bhp figure without carbs or throttle bodies while making sure the lump is bullet proof to cope with a good amount of power

Also, i have Spax Adj front, Bilstein rear shocks and would like to run it as low as i can get it. I got hold of a set of custom 80mm drop springs but with the weight of the XE lump is the handling going to be proper poor that i need to change?

Thanks

Philsutton
12-05-05, 12:24 PM
Well all i have done to mine is a set of QED cams, lightened flywheel and twin 45s and im making around the 180-190 mark. You shouldnt need to uprate the bottom end unless you are going to tune it stupid amounts or make it a high revving engine.
You can get well over 170 with just a cam, well it works out not just being a cam as you need to go for solid lifters and pockets pistons ect.... and i should imagine you'll need to sort out the ecu, management.

Powelly5624
12-05-05, 05:38 PM
So when you mean sort out the ECU and management you mean chip it up? What would you class as stupid amounts before you are going to need to sort out the bottom end?