PDA

View Full Version : blueprints

garyc
10-05-05, 07:45 AM
Are blueprints available for vauxhall 1297 small block engines, does any one know how much and where to get them from?

Stuart
10-05-05, 08:43 AM
are you intending to "blueprint" the engine? if so then why? unless your competing then there is no need. even then in competition peopel cheat so the blue prints mean naff all anyway

S_Gault
10-05-05, 08:51 AM
if you cheat you get caught... deserve it..

I have a number of engines stripped every year.. yet to have a problem witha scrutineer.

Steven

Stuart
10-05-05, 09:19 AM
yeah cos no one cheats in motorsport :roll:

S_Gault
10-05-05, 10:25 AM
welll i dont... ive my reputation to think about, others do here and get caught fairly regularly.

stock rods/ hills sprints, rallycross, stage rallying, and circuit racing. ()formula ford and formula V)

In fact ive just done an all steel pushrod for historic racing in Malaysia. and its 100% legal thats why its still on 48s and not injection and doesnt have an inclined valve head etc..these things are so obvious to a trained eye

as for blueprinting.. they arent done to std figures so you wont find anything written down.

Bearing clearances/ bore clearance, deck heights etc all sorted.

Difference between 1st and 3rd in a production car race

Stuart
10-05-05, 10:40 AM
so youve never ported a head out and then sand blasted it to make it look like its an original casting? lol then agian you wont admit that on a pube lick forum.

ok not cheating, but most engine builders will go the the limit of the rules and the push them further. or in ferraris case they just flaunt the rules and pay off the FIA to change the rule book accordingly lol

S_Gault
10-05-05, 11:29 AM
no i havent stuart.. but then any engine builder worth their salt with a flowbecnh will be able to tell you that that part of the head isnt where the gains are to be found.....

so it will go no better.

Steven

Jack
10-05-05, 12:13 PM
yeah cos no one cheats in motorsport :roll:
If anyone mentions ANYTHING about the Toyota WRC cars, they'll be getting a slap :lol:

Stuart
10-05-05, 12:15 PM
with their vairable restricors ;) cunning but they went toooo fast to get away with it. if they went a bit slower then they wouldnt ahve been caught out so quickly lol