PDA

View Full Version : Any help or ideas !!

scott.parker
09-05-05, 10:59 PM
Right affter getting the car back from the head rebuild last weekend everything has been fine till i took the nova to work today,well i was showing ti to so of the guys i work with(you know the type who take the ripp out of novas) and while i was out in it with one of the lads i noticed twice a slight grinding or wheering noise come from 2nd gear while down shiffting as letting the clutch out (the linkage has not been moved nor gearbox out etc) and it only done it once latter on the way home..

So do i have..

A. thrust bearings on way out ??

B. syncro mesh on way out ??
OR
C. Cluth release bearings going ??

Cheers in addvance for any help.

Scott

Philsutton
10-05-05, 11:10 AM
i would say it might be along the lines of that, my gearbox is currently doing the same an every other box ive had as died the same way. I think its normally the syncro that goes on mine due to the way i drive

Stuart
10-05-05, 11:26 AM
drain the gearbox oil. if its gold glitter colour then its just a baulk ring, easy (if you know how) to change and its not terminal, jsut annoying.

if its silver giltter then its steel in there and bad news.

justnovas
10-05-05, 11:38 PM
i would say it might be along the lines of that, my gearbox is currently doing the same an every other box ive had as died the same way. I think its normally the syncro that goes on mine due to the way i drive
Phil you you could be the grim repar all you need is the black hood..
the other would happen all the time...

Aragorn
11-05-05, 01:26 PM
mine makes a grindy/scoring noise while decellerating via engine braking in 1st and 2nd and also in reverse

i was told it was mainshaft bearings :/

Stuart
11-05-05, 01:44 PM
darin the fluid to find out what colour the metal is.

if its gold then its "ok" for now

silvers is bad and required further investigation.

its a nice fast diagnostics for the cost of 1.8 litres of oil. not hard is it?!?!?

or shall i just talk to a wall.

scott.parker
12-05-05, 02:03 AM
darin the fluid to find out what colour the metal is.

if its gold then its "ok" for now

silvers is bad and required further investigation.

its a nice fast diagnostics for the cost of 1.8 litres of oil. not hard is it?!?!?

or shall i just talk to a wall.

Thanks stu will do mate when got time,as soon as i can,work is far to busy to judge when that might me be though. :?

Hope its not to bad,but if it is im not going to cry as all the hrs im doing moneys not a prob :D .

Scott