PDA

View Full Version : Stone chips + bodyshops

LukeManic
07-05-05, 11:16 PM
Guys, Im getting a little worried with 3 stonechips on my driver's door. They are very small at the moment but have started to bubble slightly under the surface :(

Now is the only way to get rid of this to get the door resprayed. Im not one of these people that dont mind a bit of touch-up paint here and there, my car has to be spotless, so what do recommend I should do?

Also in the near future I do plan to have some major paint work done on bumpers etc, so im looking for a bodyshop or a guy who knows what they are doing and takes pride in their work, im willing to travel if I get the job done right, so and recommendations would be great too.

Thanks!

Dave
07-05-05, 11:44 PM
i'd probably have got them covered up when they happened to stop the rust being able to get at metal in the first place!
what colour is it?? if it's a standard colour is a chance it can be taken down sorted and then blown back in without too much problem/colour difference

with respect to the bodyshop where are you from??
find people local to your area who can recommend/steer you away from people. and see their work before commiting your car cand money to them!
but remember 10 people might give them good reports an 5 might give you bad but it's the chance you take!

LukeManic
07-05-05, 11:52 PM
Glacier White the colour is - and these chips were there when I bought the car, so not my fault :P

I dont trust anywhere around here to do my car really :( I live in Wales - UK

Rexy
08-05-05, 09:48 AM
Luke, To be honest matey it depends how bad it is... White is a colour that can hide little imperfections like this. Unless its on an area which is extremely visable. But i'd say giv it a go yourself first... Then maybe take it to the Candy sorry Bodyshop.

Phil_G
08-05-05, 12:28 PM
what part of wales are you in pal?

Phil

LukeManic
08-05-05, 01:28 PM
cardiff m8

LukeManic
09-05-05, 12:58 PM
Any of you experienced guys recommend some to respray one side of my car plz? Theres no rust so should be straight forward enough, but im lookin for some1 who knows and enjoys what they are doing. Im willing to travel if I get the job done right.

So any recommendations will be greatly recieved, but please only recommend people that you have been to and have done a perfect job.

Thanks guys.

Jack
09-05-05, 01:14 PM
I doubt you'd want to come this far, but Mosterton Bodyshop is where my hatch got fixed up after being arse-raped by a 106, and Charlie did a great job on the paint. They're in Somerset just outside of Crewkerne.

Also, my mate has had two lots of bodywork done on two different cars from a place in Wiltshire - Mike Dare I think is the guy's name, but I can find out. He's done a good job.

LukeManic
09-05-05, 03:04 PM
Thats not to far. Was the work spot on though mate, and do you have a pictures of the cars you mentioned?

Any more info on these body shops would be great too, thanks for getting back to me mate.