PDA

View Full Version : TFG Competition Package

Anonymous
20-04-01, 09:25 PM
Dont know if any of you notice the add in fast car or even redline i think, but.....

Im very tempted to buy the TFG competition package, ?250 quid. I just wondered what anybodys thoughts were? or even if someone or their friends had tried it and what they thought.

Anonymous
20-04-01, 10:36 PM
Not sure what the stuff is mate, but i think that you may be better off getting a well known make sub & amp for the money, then upgrade you front speakers at a later date.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
20-04-01, 11:00 PM
TFG are shit.

Right next to me, wank service, wank speakers.

The speakers in the ad will prob be paper coned shite.

They do sum good stuff, but they aint the best in the north east, they are a little cash & carry who does a bit on the side.

And yes, i have bought from em b4, they are cheaper, but still shite.

Anonymous
20-04-01, 11:08 PM
as the old saying goes

you get what you pay for

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
20-04-01, 11:14 PM
the amp i belive is a four channel 800w XS amp, ever heard of that ???

Anonymous
20-04-01, 11:23 PM
XS is kind of ok. the power claim is just that a claim.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
20-04-01, 11:42 PM
back to the drawing board then!!! erm, i got bout ?300 to spend at the moment, any advice chaps? i already got headunit and cd changer.

Anonymous
21-04-01, 10:04 AM
mike go for a jensen amp(?100) and kenny sub in kenny box (?100 for 10') and if u haven't already got 6x9's u could go for kenny(?50) one's of them too of sony ones(?30)?? kenny is better!! don't hold me to dem prices!!:-)

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
21-04-01, 11:51 AM
Mike,
Do hold Spanishfly to the prices as thats what we've just put in my car, sounds alot better. If you want something a bit louder get a 12" sub in a ported box (A little more ??) But Kenny speakers come highly reccomended, and the Jenson amps ain't bad either :D

Chris

Anonymous
21-04-01, 07:58 PM
sony f series fronts are mint... 30 quid too

Anonymous
21-04-01, 08:11 PM
so where wud u guys reccommend? halfords messed my m8 around, so i dont know whether to go back there and try em out meself, although some prices there are sky high!

Cheers all

Anonymous
23-04-01, 12:00 AM
Woah. I was looking at the jensen amps for mine. But they got slated in two of the modified car mags. I'd go for one of the alpine v12's, an MRV-t407 for around ?110 and either a kenny sub or a Magnat one.

Your probably best buying mail order as they are a lot cheaper. I got most of my stuff from www.bass-junkies.com.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
30-04-01, 01:37 PM
i'd go for the 10" sub cos theyre more punchy for faster tracks.

Anonymous
24-05-01, 07:39 PM
I'VE GOT THE PACKAGE AND IT IS VERY GOOD. THE AMP YOU GET ISNT A XS 8000W ITS UPGRADED TO A 1400W AMP (JACKSON) ITS LOUD AND THE SERVICE WAS TOP STUFF. WORTH GETTING AS A STARTER!

P.S) THINK ABOUT WHERE ALL THE SPEAKERS ARE GOING TO BE PUT!!! THERE 14 ALL TOGETHER!!