PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall Grills

Nick
07-05-05, 02:02 PM
After a wood partridge killed my old grill (i replaced it with mesh) i want another standard mk2 grill.

Is the black plastic slatty part interchangeable ? or is it attached to the whole grill facia ? (as it'd save me spraying a new one - as the facia on mine is in tip top condition - a little faded tho...)

Mike.
07-05-05, 02:24 PM
the black slats on the grills are seperate from the painted part, i think you could get them separate

Nick
07-05-05, 02:33 PM
nice one, i'l just ahve to find one at a scrappy, no nova's around these days

Jack
07-05-05, 02:40 PM
The slats are melted onto the main section tho with tangs at the back so unless you've got something hot to use at a scrappy you'll have to cut them to get it off..

Mike.
07-05-05, 02:44 PM
thought they were plastic rivits

mikey14sr
07-05-05, 03:59 PM
Yeah if you buy a complete grille from vaux the slatted section comes seperate and you have to melt the pins to hold it on. Grilles that were painted at the factory look like they have plastic rivets because of the shape of the end of the tool they used to do this. A well powered soldering iron does the trick, or a plastic-welding gun.

Philsutton
07-05-05, 10:55 PM
After a wood partridge killed my old grill (i replaced it with mesh) i want another standard mk2 grill.

that'll teach you go for drives through the national parks. Anyway like said the black slats bit are seperate and you will need to unmelt it to get it off an even then getting the new one on might be interesting as you dont really have anything to melt. You might better to get a whole new grill, they are cheap enough.

Alex
08-05-05, 12:22 AM
new grill is best as said above they are melted on

ANDYRACER
08-05-05, 02:58 PM
It probably would be easier to get another grill and spray it.