PDA

View Full Version : Boom boom....no boom

Anonymous
20-05-01, 03:40 PM
hey ppl i was goin along yestarday with ma sounds on and then all of a sudden the subs stopped workin....mmmmmmmmm strange i have tested the leads and the power is ok but it doesnt look like the amp is on... the power light on the amp is on but the fan on top isnt workin and there is no sound, what could be wrong?????? :-/

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
20-05-01, 04:10 PM
Had a similar problem with one of mine, (i was told be the guy in the ice shop that if the light is on, but theres no sound then this is a good sign and means that the whole amp isn't fried! rather than the whole thing being off!). i took mine to a computer repair shop (recomended by my ice dealer) and they fixed it for about ?25... it turned out to be a blown capasitor...
Hope this helps

Ben. :)

Anonymous
20-05-01, 08:49 PM
sounds like u blown amp up by asking it to do too much. not sure tho.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
21-05-01, 12:25 PM
the amp wasnt turned up alot, it was at less than i usally play it, besides its a ?550 Phoenix Gold beast and i dont look forward to buying another :-(

i will try a ice dealer and c what they think

Anonymous
21-05-01, 09:29 PM
u checked all the wiring? i mean all of it to make sure its all rite? no problems with cabling etc...

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
22-05-01, 10:18 PM
yeah i checked all the wiring and am gettin correct results on the meter....doh i found out it can only be fixed by Phoenix Gold as they dont let anybody else get spares.......oh well

Anonymous
22-05-01, 11:48 PM
hmm loads of cash to parted with there then

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
24-05-01, 03:59 PM
check the fuse in the power line to the amp cause mine went the same but the light on the amp was still on...:-/