PDA

View Full Version : MY SPEEDO!?!?!?!?help!

lee2004_
06-05-05, 10:04 PM
My Speedo Stopped working today, and the mileage counter. Then a little while later the engine management light and the other two orange lights came on(choke and the other 1 lol) Mk 2 nova. (The three lights which are meant to go off when u start the car) They Come on in middle of driving and stayed on, and now they come on whenever i drive, Im changin my speedo will this solve it?

Aragorn
08-05-05, 11:06 AM
well at a complete guess without seeing the car:

the speedo sender wheel in the gearbox has broken so its not driving the cable or vehicle speed sensor

the management light has come on because its not getting a speed signal and the other 2 are just a short circuit?

choke light shouldnt even exist on an injection engine and i wasnt aware there was anohter orange light on the dash?

flash the codes out with a paper clip over pins A and B on diag plug and see what the fault code is, if its speed sensor its the speedo drive in the box thats failed

lee2004_
09-05-05, 12:15 PM
There are 3 orange lights on my nova as its not an injection. the speedo cable had broke at the end into the gearbox sender thing, just changed the speedo cable at a cost of nothing. :!:

Aragorn
09-05-05, 07:22 PM
so how exactly does a non injected car have an engine management light :roll:

addgsi
09-05-05, 07:58 PM
lol just thinkin that myself but you know how it is with all us nova drivers

keep up the good work

ad :lol:

dan-hipgrave
09-05-05, 10:07 PM
maybe he means the oil warning light...in which case i wouldnt drive around with that on until you find out the cause, as you could cause some serious damage to your engine - it could be something as simple as a low oil level, or something like your oil pump has gone..

Phil_G
09-05-05, 11:15 PM
Or perhaps tis the classic thinks an SPI system is a carburettor syndrome!

Phil

lee2004_
10-05-05, 12:02 PM
LoL I Dont Kno, :oops: But its sorted now, just got the speedo changed to sr ones, and changed the speedo cable and all is fine.....

My Bad :roll: