PDA

View Full Version : C20ne Timing Belt tension?

C-S_Cormac
05-05-05, 05:57 PM
About to start taking the head off it now, just wondering how the belt is tensioned as i cant see a tensioner roller.. I take it its done from the water pump but didnt think there were that much tension movement in that??

Just to tell u the back ground its a 20ne bottom end with an astra (mk1) 1.8 GTE head

cheers..

Adam
05-05-05, 06:18 PM
IIRC pre 1993 just the waterpump tensioned it
1993 on i think there was an automatic tensioner is fitted.

I ain't 100% tho

C-S_Cormac
05-05-05, 06:33 PM
theres deffo no tensioner roller, its very odd, + the belt is very loose as it is can slip the belt on and off,, another prob to fix!!

Adam
05-05-05, 06:41 PM
theres deffo no tensioner roller, its very odd, + the belt is very loose as it is can slip the belt on and off,, another prob to fix!!
You can slip the belt off :o
I would say something is missing, the tensioner or something.

C-S_Cormac
05-05-05, 06:49 PM
well not slip it easly off but can price it off, it is fairly slack tho but ive done a few k in the past month with no probs untill resently when the head gasket has went.. stephen gault did say to me that the belt was slack so it was number one on the look at list...

S_Gault
06-05-05, 08:41 AM
i mentioned that the blet was a little loose cormac when you had it at the workshop.

anyhow- just pull it off now and set cam carrier to side, retension it at waterpump when refitting it.

Bring it down and I'll skim it for you.

Steven