View Full Version : Boot smoothed

andyhayes77
05-05-05, 03:53 PM
Ive finally started working on my boot http://tinypic.com/4v077k

just sand it down n respray

Advice for anyone wanting to do theres dont unless you like hard work

coxie
05-05-05, 03:59 PM
that looks wobbly as anythin to me .. howd u do urs ? weld a panel or fibreglass ?

andyhayes77
05-05-05, 04:08 PM
Fibreglass thats why I dont suggest any1 else does it too much hard work I just hope the end result is worth it lol

coxie
05-05-05, 04:23 PM
i feel sorry for ya now mate .. it ent gonan look perfect .. not without some serioous smoothin hours .. and after all that if your systems as loud as u said in your other post its gonna crack like crazy ..

id pull it out now n get a plate welded in fella ... that ent gonna last wat so ever

andyhayes77
05-05-05, 04:51 PM
i feel sorry for ya now mate .. it ent gonan look perfect .. not without some serioous smoothin hours .. and after all that if your systems as loud as u said in your other post its gonna crack like crazy ..

id pull it out now n get a plate welded in fella ... that ent gonna last wat so ever

Its already cracked once nearly fell off too Ive had to drill loads of holes and countersink screws all over the fibreglass its now bonded well to the metal even with sub at full but ur right ive got weeks ov smoothing ahead ov me lol

dan-hipgrave
05-05-05, 05:10 PM
my new smooth boot has started cracking already, and it was made with a welded plate, not all filler/fibreglass, needless to say im pissed off with it lol

ANDYRACER
05-05-05, 05:37 PM
That looks a mess. Id just start again by welding a plate in then smoothing it with filler.

Nick
05-05-05, 06:01 PM
baxters idea was very innovative.... impressed me

the test of time will show whether it holds up.

Adam
05-05-05, 06:12 PM

the test of time will show whether it holds up.
Well it was only baxters idea
It was burgo that had to make it work :wink: :lol:

burgo
05-05-05, 06:41 PM

the test of time will show whether it holds up. :evil: it was my idea and my handy work actually

Adam
05-05-05, 06:49 PM

the test of time will show whether it holds up. :evil: it was my idea and my handy work actually
:o really
Oh well, you know who made the first one when someone starts mass producing them :wink:
Just baxter trying to nick your spotlight :lol: 8)

burgo
05-05-05, 06:52 PM

Oh well, you know who made the first one when someone starts mass producing them :wink:
Just baxter trying to nick your spotlight :lol: 8)fair play to anyone who wants to mass produce them but the amount of man hours i put into making it it would probably cost about ?300 lol

epo
05-05-05, 07:04 PM

Just baxter trying to nick your spotlight :lol: 8)fair play to anyone who wants to mass produce them but the amount of man hours i put into making it it would probably cost about ?300 lol

yeah but i recon if you did a few more you'd get better and better and cut the hours down

Adam
05-05-05, 07:13 PM

yeah but i recon if you did a few more you'd get better and better and cut the hours down
And could sell em for more :wink:

novamadcars
05-05-05, 07:33 PM
fill for ya m8 will look s**t ha ha soz lol

burgo
05-05-05, 07:36 PM

And could sell em for more :wink:tis indeed true if i did another one it woudl take me half the time of the first i recon