PDA

View Full Version : Standard 1.4i Speedo Head to SR Head?? will it work?

sjb1781
05-05-05, 01:49 PM
Hi, New to the mod stuff, so here's an easy question for all you old pros out there.....

I have a 1.4i '92 Nova with standard dials in it but I want to fit the SR dials into it with the rev counter etc. Is it a simple case of replacing one head for the other? assuming all data for revs come thru the ECU wires.

Cheers,

Sam

Nick
05-05-05, 05:48 PM
i don't see why this involves changing the head lol...

The Dashes will be a straight swap, i think the PLugs on the back should plug in (someone could confirm this - i have only converted single dials to a didgi-dash before)

The rev counter will be the problem. You may be lucky and have a green wire, unconnected, on the dash loom, You'd then simply need to connect this to the right pin on the loom plug.

If you don't have a green wire, you'd need to run a wire from the bottom right terminal ont he coil up to the correct pin on the Looms plug.

Pretty easy to do, took me about 2 mins to wire up the rev counter onto my digidash

Snowface
05-05-05, 06:14 PM
not 100% the plugs are compatible between the spi and sr/carb's.

i know there are at least 2 types.

Nick
05-05-05, 06:16 PM
well it'd be just a case of getting the plug with the new clocks, then chopping the cars plug off the loom...

then the colours should match up.

sjb1781
05-05-05, 07:07 PM
i did it ok. the electrical plug fitted straight in and the rev counter worked off that as predicted - must have been a redundant wire for it. had to re route the speedo cable a bit and use a bit of force but its in and working fine. cheers.

Ste_Nova
06-05-05, 06:35 PM
have to put cable on the other side of the coloum hangers