PDA

View Full Version : 60mm springs

notenuffhoursintheday
05-05-05, 12:14 AM
hey guys ive just purchased a set 60 mm springs and just wanted to know if anyone else has fitted the rear springs with standard shocks as i cant afford them yet and plus i dont want the ride to be to harsh as i hit a stone in the road also if u have done it is there a way i can secure the springs so they dont pop out if i hit a big bump thanks

chris

SRlew
05-05-05, 10:02 AM
wel my brother has got 6omm springs with standard shocks, just till he can afford the uprated shocks.

its quiet bouncy compared to mine which has a full suspension set up, but if your going to get the uprated shocks soon then it'll be alright for a bit.

im not to sure about how to secure them in though, maybe try just cable/zip tieing them in, not sure if it'd work though.

lew

Jack
05-05-05, 10:23 AM
It will be bouncier than full suspension as you have more rebound in the damper, and yes its possible for the spring to depart company from the car unless fixed in place.

Although you can zip tie them in place, this puts stress on the dampers (as they are then constantly under compression), making them deteriorate faster.

If I were you I'd wait til I got the dampers uprated too and put all on at once. Its not worth risking damage to your car - or yourself.

notenuffhoursintheday
05-05-05, 07:15 PM
well tbh i dont want a stiff ride i just want the low ride but like u say why rish others and my own life :D

Nick
05-05-05, 07:46 PM
it'l be noticeably harsher with uprated shockers on, but after all the spring does the most for the ride. sp it's going to be harsh anyway.

-60mm will kill your standard shocks quikcly, and it'l feel like your driving a blamonge