PDA

View Full Version : Best CD headunit between 150 and 200 Quid

Anonymous
03-07-01, 12:00 AM
Right people im looking for a cd headunit for around 150-200 Quid and have not got a feckin clue! Are sony, Pioneer any good? new sony range sin in revs july issue. im not to arsed about loads of features just looking for nice sound quality. also after a good set of 6*9's and set of front speakers for aroung 50 quid per pair. Cheers!

Anonymous
03-07-01, 10:56 AM
dont get sony they last ages but sounds better from others pioneer break try and ge kenwood or alpine dont go to halfords (i work there too expensive)have a look in back of max power and see what they got i had a kenwood 7080 last year smodel which wasgood very good but you might be able to pick the 8080 up now for about 200 as its last years it has system e's etc..its very good or try and get a nice alpine cant go wrong with either really

Anonymous
03-07-01, 12:36 PM
yes halfords are shite, i had a mate who brought a sony head unit from there, was way overy priced and when it broke they really mucked him about with gettin it fixed etc, so never go there, id rather go to argos, LOL
;)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 02:08 PM
Pioneer break?????? I have had loads of Pioneer headunits and only one has broken and that was because I wired up some speakers wrongly!! and blew the internal amp. Pioneer have really good sound and loads of features.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 06:17 PM
right sony are the mutts nuts but i belive top end kenny stuff is very good as are any alpine! if halfords hvae one in stock you can get a price match and heve yer headunit there and then rahter than wait a day or two.

as for 6x9's i personally recomend infinity reference 300W ones. they are ?79.99 for halfords (with the rigt persuastion ;) ) but most sony and krnwood ones are very very good too. DONT BUY JBL stuff it seems ok but its really pants lol

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
03-07-01, 10:51 PM
i must agree my m8 has jbl 5" door speakers and 6x9's and the sound like sumone had a dump in them and then put the grille back over them

Anonymous
03-07-01, 11:36 PM
Bloody infinity.. :) TOO SMOOTH!!!!!!

Kenwood is probs my fave choice.. the latest models are well featured, plenty powerful, very nice sound quality etc

Sonys are v. nice too apart from 1 thing. 4x50w? FUCK OFF! Where does the power go? Cuz they're not loud @ all! :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:17 PM
Cheers people. just sin the new sony cdx L550 for about 180 quid. think i will go for that, not to sure about speakers yet though. I want some 6*9's (already got an MDF shelf) and a set of front components.

Anonymous
04-07-01, 07:16 PM
Dave H, my sony 4x50 kicks it out VERY well with the "smooth" infinitys. lol what i really mean is its fecking loud and proud and it means i dont need a sub hee hee.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
05-07-01, 12:35 PM
Cambridge, what head unit have you got and what speakers are you using?

Anonymous
05-07-01, 06:21 PM
sony Md latest one 4x50 flip pannel. and infinty reference 6x9's (like that was a hard guess lol)

Anonymous
05-07-01, 09:54 PM
go for the tough screen one like me. ?550!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!errr...!

136BHP GTE, YEAH BABY!!!

Anonymous
05-07-01, 10:00 PM
toguh or touch?? i really dont like that one too fiddly and not worth the hasstle.

i really would like to have gone for the recording one but the student loan didnt cover ?350 lol