PDA

View Full Version : car probs

maxpaine
03-05-05, 11:00 PM
i having some problme qhit my sr 1.3 its not the carb :P
my cars do not pass 140 or 150 km per hour on the road it stagnates speed and rpm can anbody help me??

Adam
03-05-05, 11:29 PM
i having some problme qhit my sr 1.3 its not the carb :P
my cars do not pass 140 or 150 km per hour on the road it stagnates speed and rpm can anbody help me??
You got a nova 1.3SR carb?
Whats the problem? Won't go past a certain speed/rpm?
Do you know what 150km is in usual MPH? Because i don't :lol:

burgo
03-05-05, 11:34 PM
150kph = 93 mph

my sr 1.3 its not the carb does this mean it is an injection?? or have i read it wrong

Adam
03-05-05, 11:42 PM
150kph = 93 mph

my sr 1.3 its not the carb does this mean it is an injection?? or have i read it wrong
I think he means that it ain't a problem with the carb,
or it could mean that it ain't a carb engine :?
I would go for the first option tho.

So it won't go past 93mph, could be a fuel delivery problem, a higher speeds the engine has to sustain higher rpms for longer periods of times, so any reduction in the fuel flow will be noticed more than at lower rpms.
But the speed limit is 70mph, so whats the problem :wink:

burgo
03-05-05, 11:49 PM
150kph = 93 mph

So it won't go past 93mph, could be a fuel delivery problem, a higher speeds the engine has to sustain higher rpms for longer periods of times, so any reduction in the fuel flow will be noticed more than at lower rpms.
But the speed limit is 70mph, so whats the problem :wink:the speed limit here is 70mph but he doesnt live in the uk :p

Adam
03-05-05, 11:52 PM
150kph = 93 mph

But the speed limit is 70mph, so whats the problem :wink:the speed limit here is 70mph but he doesnt live in the uk :p
Ahh, that explains everything then.
The kmh etc.

So, as said before, could be a fuel flow problem mate.

Out of interest, wheres about are you from?

maxpaine
04-05-05, 12:56 AM
spain but i can tell you one thing e for street polling but is not on a public street :P

Adam
04-05-05, 04:27 PM
spain but i can tell you one thing e for street polling but is not on a public street :P
Cool.
So what is the problem with your nova then?
and is it carb engine or injection as burgo said.

maxpaine
07-05-05, 01:18 AM
my car is on carb