PDA

View Full Version : caaaammmmbriiiidge!

Anonymous
18-05-01, 10:09 AM
help me oh lord of all that is electrical. yesterday on my weekly day off I decided to improve the security on my stereo by screwing in the bolt at the back of it. I hed to move some wires out the way to get to it and when i did I saw sparks fly! Now the stereo wont turn on. The fuses for it are intact so i reckon Ive fucked that completely. Now the fuse for my hazard/central locking keeps blowing. this inturn makes my alarm go off (well start alerting). The stereo is still plugged in and the fuse keeps blowing. help me cos i am shit. nice 1 fella

Anonymous
18-05-01, 11:23 AM
youve made a right pickle of dis aint ya hee hee. right unplug the head unit for a start to get the c/locking and hazards working. yer stereo may not be buggerd, it may be just a short circuit which will cause the sparks and lack of use of it. That bolt thing is a total waste of time unless you have mega bumpy roads coz it just holds it steadyer. then when youve checked the wires and stoof aint touching, plug it in and see if it all goes to plan.

hope this helps

ps dont do it again lol :D

real or dyed??

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
18-05-01, 12:09 PM
cheers fella i'll do that tonight. my mate works for sony and may be able to get it fixed 4 free!!

real ..the collars and cuffs match!!!

laffin anyway . I will let you know how it goes.

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
19-05-01, 06:00 PM
you also mag have scraped the insulation off of cables if you rammed your radio in :-/

Anonymous
20-05-01, 08:42 PM
no insulation causes short circuits. fink that could be the problem here uve prob screwed through a wire :D. if not this mr electronics aka cambridge will help ya out.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk