PDA

View Full Version : A whole new Brake setup is required

officer_nova
03-05-05, 05:11 PM
I have a 1.3SR with standard 13" rims.
The mechanic at the MOT test centre said the front brakes need serious attention. New brake discs/pads/calipers(with sliders) are required. I would be happy to invest in some performance parts if there are any out there for standard 13" wheels. If not, can you suggest where i could pick up the parts, and how much they are likely to cost.... Cheers

dan-hipgrave
03-05-05, 08:23 PM
Nova GTE/GSi brake setup might fit behind the 13's, and they are thicker, vented disks so offer a slight improvement over the solid disks of smaller engined models..

oh and i currently have a full gte brake setup for sale - calipers, disks and pads all with loads of life left in them :wink:

Philsutton
03-05-05, 08:27 PM
^^ bitch lol, ive also got a 1.3sr set up for sale, with pads, calipers and discs.

m.d.
03-05-05, 11:13 PM
just get the astra gte stuff and get a set of 3mm (i think) spacers for the wheels. this will give them enough room to fit under the 13s.

Aragorn
03-05-05, 11:16 PM
if your going to be replacing the standard parts then use corsa stuff

the original nova delco calipers were complete toss and the ATE ones were much improved so dont waste any money buying replacement delco units

perhaps look for a set of 14" cavvy steels from a 2.0 cav out scrap yard and fit them along with 2.0 cavvy brakes as this is defo a big improvement

failing that then find a 1993 nova with ATE calipers or any corsa and get those calipers (vented ones from an SRi or a GSi would be a better option)

BongMong
05-05-05, 02:20 PM
i just spent near ?150 on new brakes.. the best thing i ever bought..

standard GTE setup..