PDA

View Full Version : Nicked car

paulwar
01-05-05, 01:43 AM
Has any one had a dark blue mk2 ( i think ) nova nicked?

reason I ask, Is i went banger racing at ipswich tonight and saw a very mint mk2 nova. I think its mk2 never looked at it in thep its. There wasn't a dent on it and he was running alloys only cheap 5 spokes but still alloys. The paint job looked to good for a rookie banger race. It was blue with a perl tint to it. Very nice. Very tidy / quick motor. Of course he might have been given it but it just looked to mint / clean to be given to. I'll see if I can get some pics next week from a mate and post them.

Of course i'm not saying its been nicked. He might have got it legitly but it just looked way to clean to be a banger.

Oh and on the way back the fuel gage was showing 1/4 tank. Looked 10 mins late and it was showing empty. Went up a hill and it stalled, tried to turn it over and it had run out of fuel. On a Dual cariageway on a sharpe bend which wasn't lit. I so nearly saw a evo 6 hit the rear end doing about 80mph. Lucky his breaks worked well :(

Philsutton
01-05-05, 04:31 PM
some people really hate novas an will go out an find the best one just to smash it up. I know someone who bought a nova just to cut it up with an angle grinder on purpose.

J4MES
01-05-05, 05:19 PM
sounds a bit wierd that!!! more money than sense probably... :roll: :roll: :roll:

epo
01-05-05, 07:19 PM
some people really hate novas an will go out an find the best one just to smash it up. I know someone who bought a nova just to cut it up with an angle grinder on purpose.

your telling me if you won the lottery you wouldnt buy a saxo and chop it up then post pics on here :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
01-05-05, 07:35 PM
i do it to a few cars to be honest, just saying theer are people like me out there that vent their anger towards novas instead lol

SRlew
01-05-05, 10:34 PM
^^^^^ :lol:

you do get the odd good nova in a banger race though, last time i went to one in devon i saw a fairly mint 1.4 sr mk1, it looked nice, and a white GTE, couldnt see rust on them either :o

paulwar
02-05-05, 02:15 PM
yer i agree you see the novas out on the tracks but. This just looked abit to clean. Had a quick look around it and couldn't see any reason for it to fail MOT or have any sort of engine troubles.

Nick
02-05-05, 10:26 PM
on one of jeremy clarksons videos..

he tried to handbrake turn a montego into a small paralell parking space (like that mini guy)

and the car he keeps on hitting is a fairly clean white GTE, then he pushes it on it;s roof at the end

Mike.
02-05-05, 10:35 PM
i remember that, clarkson will destroy any car he hates

ohh and that mini guy is Russ Swift :wink:

mad-driver
04-05-05, 01:07 AM
on one of jeremy clarksons videos..

he tried to handbrake turn a montego into a small paralell parking space (like that mini guy)

and the car he keeps on hitting is a fairly clean white GTE, then he pushes it on it;s roof at the end

i've got that its cool