PDA

View Full Version : Nova Saloon Conversion

sean_novasaloon
30-04-05, 04:46 PM
HI Chaps,

I am new here and looking for some advice, I am about to go down the long road of building my project nova saloon 2.0 16v, I have owned many nova's in the past and this shouldnt be a problem for me ( :lol: ) but you know what happens where you start doing shit like this! I am going to buy a doner cav to transplant the lot from as this will be easyer in the long run i think (please tell me if you know of any underlying problems with this!) Are there any diffrences in the front end of the nova saloon as opposed to the normal nova?

Cheers

Sean

NovaloadedAgain
30-04-05, 04:55 PM
From what I know there the same size bays-The bonnet & wings fit on the Hatch vrsions etc.

david dixon
30-04-05, 05:33 PM
everything is the same apart from the boot, you'll have to add a external fuel pump as you can not change the tanks for a injection type on the saloon.

sean_novasaloon
30-04-05, 07:31 PM
cheers man, what type of fuel pump should i use, I have narrowed it down to a few diffrent engines the V6, the redtop or a 1.8 what do you guys recommend, I am going to leave the outside standard apart from a respray and a set of alloys and mabye a giant cheesy max power sticker on the back window for when it take it to the 1/4 mile he he

maxpaine
30-04-05, 07:53 PM
i like de piguim whit the information how do you do that?? and do you have de code?

sean_novasaloon
30-04-05, 08:09 PM
;)

Aragorn
30-04-05, 11:54 PM
saloon floorpan is identical to the equivilent hatch model

so a 5 door hatch tank will fit a 4 door saloon and a 3 door hatch tank will fit a 2 door saloon

i'd recommend using a 1.2i nova tank with an internal MPi pump from cav/astra/vcectra etc as its a nicer neater solution than the external pump fitted to the GTE models

sean_novasaloon
01-05-05, 08:48 PM
thanks for the fuel pump info man! what engine is the most favourible for this kind of conversion?? I just want to get my shit together before i start!

mikey14sr
01-05-05, 10:06 PM
If you can find an early one, go for the C20XE(red top). But if you want to save a bit of weight how about a 1.4 or 1.6 valver out of an early corsa? No-ones realy bothered with the 1.8 valver as most of them are a bugger to wire up and come in about 3 different versions.

sean_novasaloon
01-05-05, 10:20 PM
cheers man, i am going to go for a 2.0 as i wanna put it on the 1/4 mile and humiliate some saxo driving monkeys :) whats the best donor car to buy for this??

Philsutton
01-05-05, 10:21 PM
astra GTE, cav GSI, calibra 16v all these have the same engine. You'll want the brakes off them as well which is a straight swap.

sean_novasaloon
01-05-05, 10:29 PM
i heard that when you go to insure the car the premium is based on the model of car that the engine came from? whats the scoop with swaping the brakes/driveshafts/hubs? no got a clue about braking systems lol

Philsutton
01-05-05, 10:32 PM
to swap the brakes all you need is the calipers, discs an pads(if your reusing them) an caliper carryer. You only need the inner cv joints off the shafts not the whole piece. An wouldnt use the hubs, just use nova outter cv's on the shafts.

sean_novasaloon
01-05-05, 10:36 PM
cheers for the help man!!

i am going to buy a donor car shortley and strip it for the engine/box/brakes/ecu/loom anything else i need?

Jack
02-05-05, 10:23 AM
i heard that when you go to insure the car the premium is based on the model of car that the engine came from?
This is sometimes the case.

Incidentally the Cav is the lowest insurance group of the three :wink: