PDA

View Full Version : car jackings

srs1
30-04-05, 01:30 PM
Someone has just posted this on another forum. Girls please take car and watch your backs. Not sure how real this is but better safe than sorry.

We have the following alerts to issue.

About 3 weeks ago, I was at the Shell station in London getting diesel. It was about 11 :30 pm. I was approached by 2 men and 2 women in a car. The man that was driving asked me What kind of perfume do you wear?' I was a bit confused and I asked him Why?' He said We are selling some name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I had no money.
He then reached out of the car and handed me paper that was laminated and it had many perfumes on it. I looked quickly at it and gave it back.
I said, 'I have no money'.
He said 'It is OK, we take cheque, cash or credit cards'.
Then the people in the car began to laugh. I got in my car and said no thanks.

Today I received this e-mail and it sent chills up my spine. Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 pm in Tesco car park in Sheffield when two males asked what kind of perfume I was wearing.

Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were
willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some weeks ago warning of a 'want to smell this neat perfume?' scam.

THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER!

When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else. If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume' but thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me.

PLEASE PASS THIS TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND BE ALERT AND BE AWARE. IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS. LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS.

Also "BEWARE OF NEW CAR-JACKING SCAM - NOT A JOKE!

-
This is from a Rotherham Police Officer.

Imagine you walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You lock all your doors, start the engine and shift into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

You unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove the paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.... When you reach the back of your car, the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.

Your engine would be running (Ladies would have their handbag in the car) and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. BE AWARE OF THIS SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED

Just drive away and remove the paper from your window later and be
thankful you read this notice. PLEASE inform all friends and family, especially women. A handbag contains all identification and you certainly do not want someone knowing your Home address, as they already have your keys!!!"

SRlew
30-04-05, 01:44 PM
f**kin hell thats pretty bad!!

NovaloadedAgain
30-04-05, 04:30 PM
Id heard about the perfume one, But the paper on the rear window-Such an obvious thing to do- as if your reversing your gonna automatically move it! What is wrong with people!

sh0rty
30-04-05, 04:44 PM
as if your reversing your gonna automatically move it! What is wrong with people!

im sorry but if i had something stuck on my window, yes i would get out and remove it. scary stuff tbh

Matt Nova
30-04-05, 04:47 PM
f*ckin hell that is bad one to watch out for

NovaloadedAgain
30-04-05, 04:48 PM
No what I ment was....Of course your gonna move the paper!
I would! How you gonna reverse otherwise! Lol

But I ment I cant believe some people can be so nasty & trick people in such a simple but obvious way. Id fall for it.

boredbloke
30-04-05, 05:01 PM
Ya no i gotta say with the last one I probly wouldn't move the paper just for the pure fact i'm too lazy.

probly try washin it off or peering around the paper lol!!

I got sent these the other day too, never thought about posting em

will do next time though

epo
30-04-05, 05:04 PM
warned r lass about it as its not to far from me

NovaloadedAgain
30-04-05, 05:04 PM
Spose thats the good think about havin no wiper-They cant put the paper under it! Altho the lil bast4rds would probably chewing gum it on!

I can just see you trying to wipe the paer off with the wiper! Lol

nova---chris
30-04-05, 06:10 PM
Fu-ckers best not stick anyc hewing gum on my polycarb windows.
Or i would lie them down under the wheels and drive over the knobbers.
(while asking how much there perfume is)

Ian
30-04-05, 06:14 PM
hoax

an old one at that.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp

paulwar
01-05-05, 01:37 AM
I'm sure both of these are hoaxs. I will confirm with my copper mate on tues when i next see him. If anyone wants your cars / money etc. There are easier ways to get them.

Jack
02-05-05, 02:02 AM
A) I'd notice a bit of paper on the rear window. B) I wouldn't leave my car running when i'm not in it or working on it etc even if it was just to remove a bit of paper from the rear window

Although if you did drive off with the paper still in place, you can bet there would be a copper round the next corner waiting to nick you :lol:

marsh_man
03-05-05, 03:17 PM
ive heard the perfume one.

but the hi-jackings... we are used to them all the time in london.

but just not with the paper on the rear window ... very clever!

but very harsh!

jon_boy
03-05-05, 05:27 PM
Would no one else spot the paper and take it off b4 they got in the car like i always do at uni when people post flyers for clubs etc on the car... Sounds bad though.

rachaelrebekah
03-05-05, 05:36 PM
i always look at my back window before i get the car. i wudnt dare get back out of my car to remove it i wud just use my mirrors to reverse.

marsh_man
05-05-05, 02:06 PM
yeah same here rach.

or what I would do :) is if I had solanoid boot... i would pop it open and reverse lol!

let the cheeky g*ts jump in the back and me kick their teeth in!

DISCO GSI
05-05-05, 05:17 PM
but then your boot would be open and increase the likely hood of squirels getting in !

marsh_man
06-05-05, 12:11 AM
lol!

no, what i meant is if i got in my car and had solanoid and noticed paper on my window. I'd pop the boot open and then drive off and then once I get down the road, take the paper off and close the boot

8)