PDA

View Full Version : Whirring noise from speakers

novadlimit
29-04-05, 07:41 PM
Hi,

All of a sudden my 6*9s have decided to make a whirring noise that seems to match me revs. What has brought this on as i have not changed anything for a few months.
How can it be fixed?

Adam
29-04-05, 09:23 PM
IIRC
You can get a supressor, i think it is. Think motorworld sell them.

Its something do with electrical interference that your speakers cables are picking up.

sean_novasaloon
30-04-05, 04:51 PM
are you using an amp?

epo
30-04-05, 07:00 PM
yeah i had this problem when i was running a cheap amp i used and rca suppresor just pluged my rca leads into it and that into the amp and it cured the problem they are about ?12

-tucny-
30-04-05, 11:56 PM
it can also happen if you run the signal wires next to the power wire, the power wire should run at the other side of the car to the signal wires.

epo
01-05-05, 07:15 AM
it can also happen if you run the signal wires next to the power wire, the power wire should run at the other side of the car to the signal wires.

only if you are running a cheaper type of rca leads i used two sets from auto leads there blue and have the remote wire incorperated into them there about ?17.99 set from motor world but there worth it and good and i ve never had a problem using these

Nova_Tek
06-05-05, 06:46 PM
sounds like you got an alternator hum. Like when some ppl get mains hum from the home cinema kits. (occurs at the frequency of the electrical signal eg. mains hum 50Hz )

As mentioned try to seperate your audio cables from power cables as best as poss. If you got looped audio cables that can cause interference. If you can try to have as little earth points in your car as poss that also helps.

Oh and very cheap cables do this more as they are not shielded from electrostatic noise as good as quality cables.