PDA

View Full Version : Things cant get any worse? (READ IT)

b34ney
28-04-05, 05:14 PM
Right, I recently ordered my parts from vauxhall for the nova, 2 wings, bonnet, 2 headlights and indicators, the right wing, bonnet and 2 headlights and indicators came, the left wing they didnt have in stock, I was told id have to wait about 3 weeks, this is the 3rd week now, I rang up and was told that the factory in germany that done them has now stopped making parts, and they are trying another factory in germay, I have to ring middle of next week again... Im really down in the dumps... im so impaitent waiting for this left wing to come so I can send her into the bodyshop..and get her mint, I dont like the thought of buying an aftermarket left wing because chances are it wont fit as good as the geniune wing and also will probably rust quicker, and I have a funny feeling the aftermarket wings come with holes for side repeaters, the geniune right wing I have doesnt, and none for the aieral which I liked... so I dont like the thought of even putting holes in the other wing to get the side repeaters up, im not keen on people filling holes because majourity of the time in a few months/a year u can always see where they filled ie key holes, side repeaters etc.... so any suggestions anyone? or know where I can get a brand new geniune left wing!!! help appreciated

cheers beaney :(

Jim
28-04-05, 05:25 PM
A good bodyshop will not leave a mark where they have filled the hole for the indicator, so dont worry about that.

Have you tried Sel Imperial for a passenger wing?

Belive me, there are worst things in life than waiting a little longer for a wing for your Nova. These things happen for a reason, who knows, maybe weeks from now when your car "should" have been on the road you will be driving about in another car and have someone drive into the back of you. You will then be thankful that this delay happend.

Chin up, like I say, worst things can happen.

Jim

Jack
28-04-05, 06:27 PM
How about searching a few scrappies in the meantime for a decent wing? You might be lucky and find a rust free clean one, and it'll help pass the time :P

Adam Moran
28-04-05, 07:16 PM
A good bodyshop will not leave a mark where they have filled the hole for the indicator, so dont worry about that.

Have you tried Sel Imperial for a passenger wing?

Belive me, there are worst things in life than waiting a little longer for a wing for your Nova. These things happen for a reason, who knows, maybe weeks from now when your car "should" have been on the road you will be driving about in another car and have someone drive into the back of you. You will then be thankful that this delay happend.

Chin up, like I say, worst things can happen.

Jim

Jim's right :wink:

There are much worse things in life than the Nova thing, trust me!

and hes right saying "things happen for a reason" they do

If it helps it will have taken me a whole year to finnish my nova lol

Nick
28-04-05, 07:54 PM
i havn't even properly started mine yet lol !, i've got months and months of expense ahead of me !

as they said, worse things can happen...

Mike.
28-04-05, 07:57 PM
stop being impatient lol it will arrive eventually, in the mean time isn't there anything else you can do while you wait for the wing to arrive

benji
28-04-05, 07:59 PM
hi mate, i tried to order some gm panels and was told that they are no longer made. i managed to get 2 genuine rear 1/4's from a company called heritage vauxhall 0121 522 6681 they are based in birmingham but will deliver anywhere. the deliver time isn't great (nearly a week for me) but they will probably do overnight if you ask for it.

Mitchybee
28-04-05, 10:06 PM
Hi matey, if you dont mind me asking...

how much did you pay for a new bonnet as i am after one.

b34ney
28-04-05, 11:01 PM
im just prayin they have one an it will be here within 2 weeks....

bonnet was ?113 plus VAT

NovaloadedAgain
28-04-05, 11:33 PM
Ive just got a new drivers side front wing & it doesnt have the indicator holes. I think I will just get the other side filled. Got mine from Just Novas & it came within a few days. Fits fine too.

Will F
29-04-05, 09:34 AM
Just out of intereset, why did you buy a new bonnet?
There are hunderds of MINT second hand ones which you can pick up for ?10!

Madness!

b34ney
29-04-05, 04:49 PM
Just out of intereset, why did you buy a new bonnet?
There are hunderds of MINT second hand ones which you can pick up for ?10!

Madness!

mint? some how I doubt it... only way mint is brand spanking new!!!! :)