PDA

View Full Version : kompressor into a nova 1.6 8v

maxpaine
28-04-05, 02:04 AM
does anybodi done it?? or have some clues??

Stuart
28-04-05, 08:03 AM
turbochrager or supercharger? lol

nova_neil made a good 1.68v Turbo about a eyar ago.
There is a buy in brazil selling turbo kits for the 1.6 8v and they are a bit cheaper than uk prices. BUT you still need to sort out engine managment etc so its still atleast ?2K (?3K) to build a nice reliable and powerful 1.6 turbo. Otherwise its jsut a lashup and not very good.

Im assuming that you only want this for racing on the drag strip. then go for Nitrous as its a lot cheaper + you wont have turbo lag etc.

maxpaine
29-04-05, 03:11 PM
i'm talking about a compressor like mercedes slk Kompressor
turbo works by exaust compressor works by the rotetion of the engine and the turbo has a ittle lag an kompressor do not have lag, and thats what i want.

-tucny-
29-04-05, 04:12 PM
the 'kompressor' in the mercedes slk is a supercharger. i dont think iv ever seen one on a nova

david dixon
29-04-05, 04:15 PM
never seen a 1.6 with a supercharger (kompresser) yet but i'm sure someone will have one that might fit its just getting the brackets and pulleys to fit.

I would just go for a turbo, you not realy going to get any lag on a 1.6 turbo engine unless you fit a turbo thats to big for the engine.

maxpaine
29-04-05, 11:59 PM
maybe but in curve i like sensing power already in not waiting for a force tremble and i think its cheeper here were i live.

mikey14sr
01-05-05, 06:13 PM
super charging puts the inlet pressure to around 5-8psi i think, easily fueled by a custom re-map and some larger injectors. A stand-alone management system may well be required, but you could use standard C20XE injectors.

luke langton
01-05-05, 07:10 PM
Supercharged nova? Never seen that before it would be cool as no one has one! I wouldn?t worry about lag on a 1.6, I don?t notice it with my t2, as long as the turbo is not too big.(as Dave said)

epo
01-05-05, 07:48 PM
maybe but in curve i like sensing power already in not waiting for a force tremble and i think its cheeper here were i live.

where do you live

maxpaine
02-05-05, 12:45 AM
spain

epo
02-05-05, 07:42 AM
are you allowed to moddify engines over there i thought it was maybe like france

skud52
02-05-05, 12:33 PM
someone posted a video of a 2.0 8v supercharged nova running, not sure on the spec or anything but it was supercharged.

benji
02-05-05, 02:03 PM
ok. what you want is a eaton supercharge that came off a new mini cooper s, like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=100916&item=4547096482&rd=1

you will need to make a bracket to hold it in-line with the crank pully, the bottom pully needs changing for a wide 16v type one, as does the alternator, then you will have to measuer the belt distance and go to the motorfactors tosee what they have that will fit.

from the boost side of the superchanger you need some samco hose to the standard inlet manifold. and from the air in side you need a airfitler.

fueling you have 2 options, you can use the standard injectors and a aftermarket ecu. or you can use a carb mounted to the air-in side of the charger. the easist/cheapest to use it a large su carb from a v8 or similar.

this will give reasonable gains but to get the most out of it you will need to lower the compression and use a intercooler.

maxpaine
02-05-05, 09:28 PM
that i all ready knew only the best supercharger its the prob