PDA

View Full Version : 40 mm lower ?

Anonymous
14-07-00, 10:02 PM
i have just droped my antabes 40mm and my mate told me i have to get some shorter shockers for the back or the springs will drop out whene i go over a pot hole is this true please can you help and what size do i get thankx in advance grant

Anonymous
15-07-00, 11:25 AM
Your mate is right, if you catch some air over a jump it is possible you could loose a rear spring. I have used a long 10mm (or threaded rod)bolt and large plate washers to bolt the spring to the rear beam this should keep them in place for now if you can't aford the shocks. It is still possible the spring could become unseated at the top (I have also bolted this on) but at least you wont suddenly be sat on the bump stops.

Anonymous
15-07-00, 05:54 PM
hey ive got 60mm springs on my rear with standerd shocks and they never fell out it even passes its mot`s. my mate had 60mm lower springs from koni and his always fell out so he strapped them in with jublie clips.

what u need to do is jack ur car up the rear but not buy the axle. try 2 jacks either side ath the jacking points so ur akle dropps right down now if u can pull the springs out then it will fail its mot but if u cant then ur okay and they wont fall out.