PDA

View Full Version : light weight panels

Mike.
27-04-05, 08:47 PM
i've decieded to turn my nova into a full project and i would like some light weight panels for it. i.e bonnet and tailgate, plus is there a way of fixing the bumpers on the car with out bumper irons

General Baxter
27-04-05, 08:53 PM
tape :lol:

glue :lol:

Mike.
27-04-05, 08:55 PM
thanks for that baxter it really helped

lots :roll:

General Baxter
27-04-05, 09:01 PM
im allways here to help :wink:

what about making a fibreglass bar and irons ?

-tucny-
27-04-05, 09:30 PM
try fibreglass panels, you can pick these up from a rally spares place.

Does anyone know if the opel panels were the same guage metal as the vauxhall ones? sometimes foreign cars have thinner panels, thus making them lighter.

As for the bumper bars, you could try aluminium

Mike.
27-04-05, 10:03 PM
is there a link to a web site that has fibre glass body panels, and with the bumpers i was thinking of making some braketts from scratch

Philsutton
28-04-05, 08:23 AM
ive just ordered a fibreglass bonnet for mine, have a look on used rally parts i think it was.

-tucny-
28-04-05, 08:46 AM
try

http://www.classicandrallyspares.com

or

http://www.pro-tecmotorsport.com/listings.aspx?type=new

or

theres usually an advert in the back of tv that sells them

flowlikewater
28-04-05, 11:13 AM
without sounding like i know everything...even though i do...hehe

carbon fiber is the way to go if you want light weight! but that will cost more than almost everyother option!

you can get nearly everything made from carbonfiber. get new door cards possibly new doors( not 100% sur on that one), front arches the obvious carbon bonnet! even body kits. but will cost more than most people are willing to pay!

i was going to get a carbon bonnet but it would have been custom made as no-one does a carbon bonnet for the nova! only problen is that it would have cost about a grand...which i didnt have!

Jack
28-04-05, 11:48 AM
Bear in mind fibreglass panels tend to be a bit rough round the edges so if you're wanting a nova that looks good then they might need some tidying up

flowlikewater
28-04-05, 12:27 PM
see...carbon fiber! its the way foreward!

just abit expensive!

Philsutton
28-04-05, 02:28 PM
if you want light weight then you wont even be running door cards

Jack
28-04-05, 02:34 PM
Or if you wanted REALLY lightweight you wouldn't even have the doors to put the door cards on :lol:

epo
28-04-05, 05:40 PM
if you want light weight then you wont even be running door cards

and washer jet bottles :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
28-04-05, 11:56 PM
I had my old bonnet on my mark one made out of fibreglass ultra light! The company I got it off went out of business but I paid ?150. Id like to get fibre glass wings & bonnet again so if anyone can get a discount if a few of us want things then let me know

Mike.
29-04-05, 06:44 PM
the only bad thing about fibre glass panels is that there weak and won't realy withstand a hit, in say a accident

ANDYRACER
01-05-05, 01:38 AM
If your looking for fibreglass wings and bonnets and bootlids speak to Dar he has them on his GTE.