PDA

View Full Version : nitrous oxide

rysa20
27-04-05, 05:23 PM
is it possible to fit nitrous to a non fuel injected car or does it have to have a ecu monitoring the fuel to your engine ???????????????

help would be much appreciated lads cheers

Stuart
27-04-05, 05:35 PM
you can fit N20 to any vehicle provided it will physically take the abuse. dont forget to retard your ign timing by a degree or two when running it

NovaloadedAgain
27-04-05, 06:50 PM
Yep my mate has it on his C20LET Nova.

Snowface
27-04-05, 08:04 PM
Yep my mate has it on his C20LET Nova.

the C20LET IS fuel injected/ecu controlled.

It will work in any engine as has been said as long as you put the right amount of fuel in to burn alongside the extra oxygen.

I've seen a vid of a 50cc Goped thing beating a Skyline on a 1/4 mile lol.

NovaloadedAgain
28-04-05, 12:48 PM
Lol at Goped! I had it on my moped when I was 16! But I dont think it would have beat a skyline-Maybe a 125 though! Lol

rysa20
28-04-05, 03:10 PM
Also where would it be best to have the nos injectors? (I'll be running 40's) the inlet manifold or direct port?

Cheers

Snowface
28-04-05, 07:26 PM
direct port (4 injectors, 1 in each inlet pipe).

Or it works just as well i've heard, if you drill a hole in the trumpets and put them in that way.

Nick
28-04-05, 08:30 PM
make sure you get a system that Monitors bottle pressure, and also maybeinvest in a progressive injection controller. This'l take the "punch" out of it, resulting in less stress exerted over parts of the engine.

here is a pic of a Mi16 on Nitrous, there is Nitrous and Fuel injected into each inlet tract, i think it's running a system where the Nitrous System also richens up the mixture by inputting some additional fuel at the same time as the nitrous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0498.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0499.jpg

jon_boy
29-04-05, 10:30 AM
I know on a single carb there is a way of doing it with a few solenoids and two injectors, one for nos and one for petrol. from what i could tell they basically both fired into the air pipe that led to the top of the carb so you just have to work out a way of mounting two samller injectors over each trumpet. Should put more petrol in at the same time. Keeps it running a wee bit richer so it doesnt overheat and go bang.

Jack
29-04-05, 12:01 PM
you can fit N20 to any vehicle
Hmm, the only other person I've seen so far who refers to it as N2O rather than "nos" lol :wink:

alxlaw
29-04-05, 01:06 PM
what about wackin noz in a 1.0, that block can take anything!, "the indistructable 1.0 cast iron block" grrrrrr

slow?.....

General Baxter
29-04-05, 04:12 PM
what about wackin noz in a 1.0, that block can take anything!, "the indistructable 1.0 cast iron block" grrrrrr

slow?.....
yes, but i have no comment on what happend

Snowface
30-04-05, 11:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0498.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0499.jpg

that is actually a bad install of Nitrous. All the pipes going from the Solenoids are meant to be exactly the same length so that the N2O arrives at each cylinder at exactly the same time.

Check on Mig with Chip, he breathes N2O lol!

Aragorn
30-04-05, 11:58 PM
nearly all nitrous setups on injection or carb engines inject extra fuel to match the added nitrous

how does the std injection system realise its suddenly got to inject twice the amount of fuel than it needed to half a second ago because uve just dumped "50bhp" of nitrous into the engine, it wouldnt, and it would almost instantly melt everything

some very expensive kits use dry manifold setups where by a programmable engine ecu is used which switches to a different map when nitrous is running to inject the extra fuel required and the nitrous system only injects gas, but these are rare

Snowface
01-05-05, 11:17 AM
yes. There is a certain ratio for the mixture where its at its best. But for safety reasons they add a touch more fuel.