PDA

View Full Version : Time to sell up?

NovaloadedAgain
27-04-05, 03:36 PM
I had a very minor accident last week, involving a brand new corsa-Now written off & my Nova. I stripped it the same day, & im happy to say the slam panel etc is undamaged. However the angel lights are smashed, Bonnet & drivers side wing.

Ive primed my new wing from nova's & Corsa's just need to get that sprayed & I have a "Flame pink" Lol bonnet for now too. So its in a state & will stay that way until I got some more cash or I sell it.

Any rough Ideas of how much I'd get for it with a primed bonnet & wing but the rest of the car is mint, Im selling with my plate too?

ANDYRACER
27-04-05, 03:54 PM
Unlucky mate not a good time for novas. Phil and now you have crashed. I'd say with the amount of engine work uve done to it your looking at abt 1200 quid.

NovaloadedAgain
27-04-05, 03:57 PM
Thats not enough-Cars worth that without the plate! Lol

Im getting an astra so maybe the nova can sit around until that gets crashed & then XE the Nova.
Its definately not a good time for Nova owners!

ANDYRACER
27-04-05, 04:03 PM
O sorry mate forgot about the plate. I'd try selling the plate seperately. What type of astra you looking at?

NovaloadedAgain
27-04-05, 04:04 PM
I either want a 2L 8v astra GTE, or I want a 1600 mk3

SRimon
27-04-05, 04:38 PM
I always think of selling mine, then i think why, tbh i'd only sell mine if i got in really bad financial needs...

I wanna keep mine in dry storage and buy something else, rather than sell it...

justnovas
27-04-05, 04:42 PM
Soon there will not be many Novas left if you keep bending them.....
Phils is a bit more work but will soon back on road...speed ramps...who needs them.....

NovaloadedAgain
27-04-05, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the quick delivery of my wing! Its primed & on the car already! Lol. Im debating on buying a hutchinson convertible Nova I see on eBay. Anyone any thoughts on that?

boredbloke
27-04-05, 10:50 PM
yeah looks pretty sweet mate and another thing u cannot get rid of the nova

or else i will btich slap you. :twisted:

:rant:

Aragorn
27-04-05, 11:48 PM
resale value on these cars is just toss

the young folk who are gonna buy a modified hatch look at it and say "why spend 1200 quid on a modified 1.4 nova which is 15 years old and will probably blow up when i can buy <insert newer car here> for only a little more money"

106's saxos corsas clios etc are all dirt cheap these days and the market for novas is very small

dont mean to sound nasty but your car aint anything special as far as i can see? 1.4? normal bodywork? some wheels...

i paid ?400 for a minted 1.2i shell so say add another ?400 for wheels suspension and interior and i'd have built meself same car for less money than u want for yours....

GSi/GTE's struggle to reach a grand these days unless they are in MINT condition and even somthing like a 2.0 16v for ~?2k isnt easy to shift tbh

ANDYRACER
28-04-05, 12:12 AM
^^^ So true. Its all about luck really. If someone has there heart set on your car then ur goin to sell it, but if they go in with there head not there heart there not going to pay top notch.

marsh_man
28-04-05, 12:51 AM
Me and boredbloke both know you too well!

you will regret selling that Nova the second it leaves your drive and will want it back after a week!

unless you have some mad plan which will keep your mind off the nova, then you CANNOT sell it!

i think that you should stick with your XE idea ;)

or buy another nova and make it top spec ;)

NovaloadedAgain
28-04-05, 12:02 PM
Ok, well Im going to bid on the hutchinson conversion Nova. Strip my 1.4 & put all the good bits into the convertible-If I win!

marsh_man
28-04-05, 01:14 PM
yep and give me some hammidowns :)

Chris
28-04-05, 01:18 PM
your plate is worth nothing, it doesnt even say nova? and there is the ?80 transfer cost

Chris

Dave
28-04-05, 01:57 PM
i slightly disagree chris to a fellow nova owner of say a show car may be a good little gimic and hold some value, but most people won't pay for a model number plate now, as when the car gets changed you're left with it to either sell with the car or privately

NovaloadedAgain
28-04-05, 03:37 PM
Lol! It very clearly says Nova. I agree with Dave if someone has a showcar & has spent alot of cash on it-whats a couple of hundred for a good plate to finish it off? I mean its got more appeal when selling the car then putting a Baz or Daz type plate on!

Barn
28-04-05, 05:03 PM
put it this way...last week I nearly bought a Corsa GSI with a 2.0XE, 12 months MOT, coilovers, 16's, leccy windows, Toad alarm, 2.0L brakes etc etc for ?1250 so how you think your Nova is worth more than ?1200 I dont know mate...your dreaming.

Jack
28-04-05, 06:24 PM
I mean its got more appeal when selling the car then putting a Baz or Daz type plate on!
lmfao thats true, car-specific plates have more worth than those that have "names" on them - as these ones are only valued by people with the appropriate name lol

Although, the number plate in your sig has illegal spacing... :wink:

NovaloadedAgain
28-04-05, 11:28 PM
Barn that was a good deal-You should have bought it-I would! I think its worth ?1200+ because it would only cost about another ?500 for an XE to go in mine. So thats under 2k, Theres always decent 2L novas going for 2k. But thats all in my opinion.

marsh_man
29-04-05, 12:37 AM
I mean its got more appeal when selling the car then putting a Baz or Daz type plate on!
lmfao thats true, car-specific plates have more worth than those that have "names" on them - as these ones are only valued by people with the appropriate name lol

Although, the number plate in your sig has illegal spacing... :wink:

no illegal spacing. he got pulled by the police for that plate and got the letters spread a bit better.

so now he has 2 sets of J7OVA plates :)

i think its a great plate to have.

NovaloadedAgain
29-04-05, 12:41 AM
Yeah at 7:30 in the morning! They were ok about the plate-Its not as bad as some plates where you cant even tell what the letters/Numbers are in the first place! Even the normal legal plate looks ok.

marsh_man
29-04-05, 02:09 AM
the legal plates looks just as good as the illegal one, its just the police would approve of it more.

i see one today and it had holes in certain places.

they made an 8 look like a three to spell elvis