PDA

View Full Version : speakers again!

Anonymous
13-04-01, 12:10 PM
hi i got jbl 6x9s on the parcel shelf and just took my mrk1 dash out. wanna know the exact size of the speakers to replace them and any suggestions what to put in there. im leaning towards the same make at the moment. if u have suggestions could u leave a price and model number for me if u can. i was also thinking is it worth shelling out for some speaker or should i just fade the ones i have so that the 6x9s are dominating?

Anonymous
13-04-01, 12:16 PM
BIN the JBL 6x9's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get sony or kenny ones!!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
16-04-01, 01:36 PM
I've got some JBL GTO 302's to go in my mk1 dash (when the weathers better). GSI Boy was running these in his an they sound pretty good. Another trick i've heard is to put 100hz bass blockers on the standard dash speakers.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
21-04-01, 10:52 AM
wot do f?ck r 100hertz bass blockers? wot do they acheive??

Anonymous
21-04-01, 11:01 AM
the block any frequeny below 100hz and stop the big bass voltages from killing yer small speakers. coz with lower notes the speaker needs to travel further to get a similar volume as a higher frequency. and as we all know the sound of distortion, this is when the speaker has got to its max travel and cant go on. so as for y you need em they stop yer factory/small spearkers from being killed too quickly

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D